• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So, is this dead now? If we don’t get it before the mid terms, I really have no hope that we’ll get it in my lifetime. I wish I could get out of this damn state. I’m tired of it.

I feel the exact same way. I asked my wife the other day, "If we were to move, where would you like to go?" PA just announced they are not going to recognize Virginia CC anymore. Good old Virginia is not good old Virginia anymore either. That state has turned purple. The whole North East is becoming INFECTED!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I feel the exact same way. I asked my wife the other day, "If we were to move, where would you like to go?" PA just announced they are not going to recognize Virginia CC anymore. Good old Virginia is not good old Virginia anymore either. That state has turned purple. The whole North East is becoming INFECTED!

You could say the same about PA. Or NH as well for Pete's sake.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    So, is this dead now? If we don’t get it before the mid terms, I really have no hope that we’ll get it in my lifetime. I wish I could get out of this damn state. I’m tired of it.

I like to be optimistic about this. The Senate elections should be favorable to the GOP based on numbers. If we can flip just a few NO votes to Yes votes, we could reach 60. The GOP will need to retain the House, even if by 1 vote, which is certainly doable.

The Presidency is the big thing (overcoming a veto is almost impossible), so we're good there until 2020.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    From other countries too!

The letter was from the "International Association of Chiefs of Police"

So someone tell me again how this is not part of some global agenda to disarm civilian populations. WTF other reason would there be for foreign police to give a flying fk whether I’m legally carrying in my state/country. And of course it’s the globalists and progressives in the U.S. pushing this here at home.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    To IACP's credit, they at least opposed LEOSA as well:

"[S. 376] would severely weaken the eligibility and training requirements for retired police officers to carry concealed weapons. The IACP believes that states and localities should have the right to establish standards that determine who is eligible to carry firearms in their communities . . . Specifically, the provisions of [S. 376] would mandate that, in the absence of state standards, the standards set by any police department within the state would become the de facto standard for the entire state. For example, in the absence of state standards: The standards for Vermont could be set by the Fairlee Police Department (one sworn officer); The standards for Pennsylvania could be set by the Dauphin Police Department (two sworn officers)..."

There's nothing worse than people who think they should be exempt from the rules they foist upon everyone else.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Problem is the uninformed will read that a police organization opposes citizen carry and not pursue the topic any farther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom