• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Your argument is not with me. It is with whom ever published the list on the MDSP Website.

Absolutely. Like I said above, I have a huge issue with the MSP overstepping with their "helpful" website list. Their exact words, however, when Nate challenged them on it, were "ask the FFL or the manufacturer if it is banned." Therefore, if the FFL determines it is not banned, they can sell it if they want to.

I understand that you were trying to be helpful to both the FFL and the customer as well as the community, but as long as disinformation keeps getting spread, the situation is not going to get better. Perhaps a helpful way to approach it would have been to explain to the FFL that although the gun is listed on the MSP website, it is not in fact banned, and they can sell it if they want to. (Like many IPs here do, and no one has been arrested.)

I get the argument that you're making, and we all remember what happened with the two guys who got arrested there a while back over the magazine capacity issue. But look at the other side of that coin, because the news story could be "MSP illegally arrests a gun buyer who did nothing wrong," and some light could get shined on the whole issue.

If we, as gun owners, buyers, sellers, etc, are doing nothing wrong, we shouldn't have to slink around in the dark.

Absolutely. Like I said above, I have a huge issue with the MSP overstepping with their "helpful" website list. Their exact words, however, when Nate challenged them on it, were "ask the FFL or the manufacturer if it is banned." Therefore, if the FFL determines it is not banned, they can sell it if they want to.

I understand that you were trying to be helpful to both the FFL and the customer as well as the community, but as long as disinformation keeps getting spread, the situation is not going to get better. Perhaps a helpful way to approach it would have been to explain to the FFL that although the gun is listed on the MSP website, it is not in fact banned, and they can sell it if they want to. (Like many IPs here do, and no one has been arrested.)

I get the argument that you're making, and we all remember what happened with the two guys who got arrested there a while back over the magazine capacity issue. But look at the other side of that coin, because the news story could be "MSP illegally arrests a gun buyer who did nothing wrong," and some light could get shined on the whole issue.

If we, as gun owners, buyers, sellers, etc, are doing nothing wrong, we shouldn't have to slink around in the dark.

While you may be technically correct, and I agree with a lot of what you are saying, we all know this would NEVER be reported on or stated in the media.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    While you may be technically correct, and I agree with a lot of what you are saying, we all know this would NEVER be reported on or stated in the media.

MSM is clearly NOT on our side and I believe as you do that the headlines would favor the anti-gunners. Though I would love to see his rendition in print on the front page. I know that it would never appear that way.
    The only thing that will help us is to get some larger entity to sue the State of Maryland and force them to correct the errors in their website listing. A list which shows this rifle as banned by MDSP.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Everyone remember the expansive Bel Air show is Feb 5-6 & 7. You can hit 2 MD gun shows in 1 weekend. What a great time to be alive. Friday's times are 5pm to 9pm. I may spend my Friday evening there. Well at least an hour of it.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    He had a gen1 in 40 for 599. Idk what their name is but that particular vendor is grossly overpriced on every item ar every show. More power to him, he must be selling stuff to stay in business.

If you are coming to the Howard show, please come by and introduce yourself. I missed you at Timonium when you photographed and posted pictures my inventory. You did not include me, my wife, or my daughter in the picture. Folks need to be able to recognize us to know where to find all our good stuff. And by the way, all my inventory, except the Sub2000s, is priced MSRP or less. We work very hard to make Maryland guns shows the best possible. Your thoughtful, supportive, and considerate advertising is greatly appreciated. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom