• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    If legal aliens are entitled to a license, then what about out-of-state residents (NY, NJ, for example)? They don't issue to non-residents at all, AFAIK.

I know this is old but NY and NJ do issue to nonresidents to some degree.

NY issues to non-residents who own a business in the state. NJ issues to nonresidents, in the same may issue/de-facto no issue that they issue to residents. In fact NJ even issues Firearm Purchaser IDs to nonresidents. Nonresidents apply at the state police barracks (except those on the turnpike and GSP) for FPICs or Permit to Carry a Handgun.

Also, non-resident permits in general was addressed with Peterson v Martinez, a Colorado case that made it to the 10th circuit in 2011. We should be suing more states though, once we get may issue straightened out.

John_J

Oct 7, 2012
    New Mexico
    Hi there Guys and Gals

Just a quick update today I received my CCW permit it has been a very long fight but today is the end of the Saga :D :cool: :party29:

John_J

Oct 7, 2012
    New Mexico
    I assume you're the Plaintiff in the Complaint, what's the status of the case, if you're able to divulge?

Welcome to MDShooters btw...

The Judge issued a permanent injunction on the 31st of march this year. I had to wait a month or more just in case the State appealed :rolleyes: but there did not :cool: so after doing my CCW cousre again I put in my application on the 26th of last month. And my permit arrived today :party29:.

Thank you for your welcome LOL but I have been lurking here for a while but did not want to say much

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The Judge issued a permanent injunction on the 31st of march this year. I had to wait a month or more just in case the State appealed :rolleyes: but there did not :cool: so after doing my CCW cousre again I put in my application on the 26th of last month. And my permit arrived today :party29:.

Thank you for your welcome LOL but I have been lurking here for a while but did not want to say much

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    New Mexico, much closer to America than Maryland.

Congrats on the permit.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've always wondered, if someone is living here flu time and married to an American why don't they get citizenship? After 9/11 people who had been living here for 25 years rushed to get citizenship being afraid they might get deported. What the hell took so long?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I've always wondered, if someone is living here flu time and married to an American why don't they get citizenship? After 9/11 people who had been living here for 25 years rushed to get citizenship being afraid they might get deported. What the hell took so long?

For example India and China do not have dual citizenship and people have property there they want to go back to when they retire. A coworker of mine who is a US citizen but was born in China lost her chinese citizenship when she naturalized. She has to go get a visa when she wants to visit family in china and the Chinese embassy gives her a lot of trouble because she works for a news organization.

John_J

Oct 7, 2012
    New Mexico

I will be getting my citizenship some time next year :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom