• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH
    Case is called Jarvis et al v Village Vault et al.

Remaining content deleted due to antivirus warnings in links!-zoo

Last edited by a moderator:

me109g4

Mar 30, 2012
    Hi, my first post, i registered so i could share a little more info on this,, the bonded warehouse in question here operates on gunsamerica under the name of "yankee artifacts". A lot of these firearms have been obtained by the scurilous behaviour of the "village Vault" bonded warehouse run by one Peter Dowd. There isnt much to be found in the way of good deals on the Yankee Artifacts site, but i would ask that anyone on this forum that is tempted to purchase from them be aware that a lot of these firearms have been gotten at the expense of a Mass. gun owner who couldnt afford to get his confiscated guns back because of Dowds excessive fee structure. One way of getting thier attention is to cut off thier supply of customers, so if those here see something they like on the website I would ask that you reconsider and not send your hard earned dollars to this kind of enterprise. I also encourage you to read the link above to fully understand the games that are going on. Thanks.

Here is a link to Northeast shooters if interested,,, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/157480-Comm2A-Sues-over-Property-Forfeiture

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    FYI, this case is on-going.
    The district court case against Village Vault was dismissed after the case was reassigned to a new judge who ruled that VV was NOT a state actor. Comm2A filed an appeal in the belief that the judgement was in error.

A complete record can be found at Comm2A project page Jarvis v. Village Vault.

03/16/2015 -- Appellant's Brief filed
    04/29/2105 -- Appellee's Brief
    05/26/2015 -- EOPSS Amicus Brief
    06/09/2015 -- Appellant's Reply Brief

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Just so I understand; The police turn over the firearms to the bonded warehouse, who charges the firearm owners storage fees. Is there a process in place to retreive the firearms or are they stored "forever"?

jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH
    There's a process to retrieve the firearms, but the fees are greater than the value pretty quickly. The fees are per firearm per day and it's all our nothing. You can't just pay the fees on the valuable ones. The details are in the papers in the case.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

TVCP58

Aug 12, 2015
    Yankee Artifacts-Village Vault

I've dealt with Yankee Artifacts several years ago and thought they were a local gun shop with an internet business. I had no problems with them.

I tried to access their website the other day and it was gone, so I Googled them and got to this forum with details about the lawsuit. What Village Vault is doing sounds like nasty business-I'm glad I'm not in MA! I'll stay away from them from now on.

Last edited:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    UFB.

Has anyone asked the ATF to look into this? In the few pages I read there are some suggestions about misuse of a companies FFL.

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    I've dealt with Yankee Artifacts several years ago and thought they were a local gun shop with an internet business. I had no problems with them.

I tried to access their website the other day and it was gone, so I Googled them and got to this forum with details about the lawsuit. What Village Vault is doing sounds like nasty business-I'm glad I'm not in MA! I'll stay away from them from now on.
    It's up and running now: http://yankeeartifacts.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom