• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Not sure if banning guns built from 80% receivers would require an actual change of law, or just a "wave of the hand"??
    But when that does happen, what becomes of the millions (?) of 80% guns??

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Not sure if banning guns built from 80% receivers would require an actual change of law, or just a "wave of the hand"??
    But when that does happen, what becomes of the millions (?) of 80% guns??

80% are not guns, they are objects.

75% percent complete objects will then become available...

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Not an angle I had thought about.
    The amount of "Wrapping themselves around their own axle" the government does when they refuse to put truly bad people in jail and go after law abiding citizens

I hope not. I have a few unserialized guns; a couple of old Marlin 22's and a Stevens Bolt action 30-30...

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Guess I need to clarify,
    When they ban un-serialized firearms,, the end product of an 80% build

The builder will add a serial number. Some Polymer80 dealers offer laser engraving as a service. I bet the old-style pantograph engravers would work, too.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Attachments

• ESjN-K3WkAQdRLR.jpg
      ESjN-K3WkAQdRLR.jpg
      71.1 KB · Views: 798

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I hope not. I have a few unserialized guns; a couple of old Marlin 22's and a Stevens Bolt action 30-30...

I think many of us have older rifles and long guns without serial numbers. I dont think the ATF will ever make us serial number them as it has been ok all this many years. They were complete firearms and didnt serial number them back then. I am thinking the newer dated stuff like the 80% handguns and other receivers like AR15 and others will probably have to be engraved with an ID # the way the shit is going.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I think many of us have older rifles and long guns without serial numbers. I dont think the ATF will ever make us serial number them as it has been ok all this many years. They were complete firearms and didnt serial number them back then. I am thinking the newer dated stuff like the 80% handguns and other receivers like AR15 and others will probably have to be engraved with an ID # the way the shit is going.

I respectfully disagree with your position. If the ATF makes the leap to decide that objects which weren't classified as a "firearm" (i.e. 80% receivers) will need to be serialized, I doubt the fact that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of guns were sold without a serial number would be left out of the new regulation. It would almost certainly entail the same requirement to register/serialize all those antique firearms.

JoeR

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Hopefully people disregard the unconstitutional edict and keep punching them out.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Pay no attention to the fraudulent elections, broken justice system and infringements of rights. None of this has anything to do with you having a gun that they don't know about. Once done with those and crime does not get reduced they will have 1 less item to worry about banning.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I respectfully disagree with your position. If the ATF makes the leap to decide that objects which weren't classified as a "firearm" (i.e. 80% receivers) will need to be serialized, I doubt the fact that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of guns were sold without a serial number would be left out of the new regulation. It would almost certainly entail the same requirement to register/serialize all those antique firearms.

JoeR

Imagine how many serial number (1) there will be!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom