• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Just called the Frederick barracks and the gentleman who answered said none of the barracks are open for firearms transfers, as in accepting paperwork and physically verifying serial numbers for the transfer of a firearm such as handgun from one person to another.

I plan on calling one or two other barracks to confirm the info. in the near future.

Cheers

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just called the Frederick barracks and the gentleman who answered said none of the barracks are open for firearms transfers, as in accepting paperwork and physically verifying serial numbers for the transfer of a firearm such as handgun from one person to another.

I plan on calling one or two other barracks to confirm the info. in the near future.

Cheers

****I live near Barracks N, which is off Montrose Road in Rockville (MoCo) and that was my understanding as well.

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to use the Rockville location this week, so it looks like that isn’t going to happen. As with everything else, hopefully things will improve and they’ll open again soon.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    funny I see tons of cops almost spooning each other at the 7/11 in Germantown next to the Marc Train stop off 118. No issues there. lol

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Cheers

So, if a right delayed is a right denied, that means the process is waived, right? ;)

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    So, if a right delayed is a right denied, that means the process is waived, right? ;)

I would venture to guess that the Police are doing less policing in an effort to not get sick, which would mean more time for paperwork and other tasks not involving person to person contact. Since, even in a transfer during "normal" times, there is wording stating that a seller can transfer the firearm, if there is no response from the police with respect to the application, after the 7 day wait, AND if the buyer was later found to not have been approved (as opposed to "not having been disapproved"), the police would go after them...

Then, instead of not processing the paperwork, they should allow for the applications to be dropped off with the all the necessary supporting documentation, and the firearm transferred after the mandatory wait period, and if the buyer is found to be unqualified after the transaction, then they can go after them.

Either that, or the MSP should pay reasonable transfer fees to FFLs for services they are no longer providing the qualified, and tax-paying, citizens.

The right for one to protect themselves in times of very real uncertainties is of extreme importance, at least to me.

Last edited:

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    Anyone got an update about whether any Barracks are doing transfers again?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

djcerna

Stuck in the Middle
    Aug 4, 2010
    Rockville MD
    In case any others are interested, I called the Moco (Barracks N) MSP barracks and they confirmed they are still not open for firearm transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom