• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Hello, I recently applied to build an sbr from an ak pistol I made using a blank receiver, but this morning I got a email stating " I am working your EForm 1 application. Please provide photos of the firearm. Please make too include the Manufacturer." Where do I go from here? I already put in the form 1 that the model was AKM and I should be the manufacturer of it since the receiver was completed by me. Lastly, are they just asking for a picture of the pistol completed or are they asking for a picture of just the receiver?

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I did not know I could do that. this is my first form of any type, so I'm still learning all about it. Thank you for the tip! Also, I just realized that I put "This will be a semi-auto akm pattern SBR" in block H described as "Additional Description (Include all numbers and other identifying data to
    include maker’s name, city and state which will appear on the firearm)
    (use additional sheet if necessary)." will that additional info I put in cause any issues? Again, it was my first form, so i was bound to have a few minor hickups lol.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    I think you have to engrave the receiver with a serial# and location,town,state, and zip. Not positive though

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think you have to engrave the receiver with a serial# and location,your name(as the manufacturer), city, state, country(USA) and zip. Not positive though

This(with some minor changes). I believe they want a picture of the receiver only, as that will hold the serial number(which you will supply as the manufacturer). You can't 'build' the SBR until you have your stamp.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    I did not know I could do that. this is my first form of any type, so I'm still learning all about it. Thank you for the tip! Also, I just realized that I put "This will be a semi-auto akm pattern SBR" in block H described as "Additional Description (Include all numbers and other identifying data to

include maker’s name, city and state which will appear on the firearm)

(use additional sheet if necessary)." will that additional info I put in cause any issues? Again, it was my first form, so i was bound to have a few minor hickups lol.

Any word from the NFA Division? I’m curious to know, but like others have said...I believe they want to see a picture of the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    What worked?? Let us know what you did so that others can learn.

Oops, sorry for the lack of info. I failed to include a pic of the 80% receiver and I also selected "AKM" from the drop down list of models instead of using the form 1 registered option and then typing in the model.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Oops, sorry for the lack of info. I failed to include a pic of the 80% receiver and I also selected "AKM" from the drop down list of models instead of using the form 1 registered option and then typing in the model.

Thanks! I hate a mystery. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom