• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Not knowing the details of this incident I don't want to speculate, but crime from Lex Park and Chuck county are slowly making way into this area, unfortunately.

Great idea. Personally I'll just get my daily news from regular sources, not a gun forum. That's where I get gun info.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Even in Maryland , there is Hollywood St Mary's Co , and the Hollywood neighborhood in north end of City of College Park has a strong identity .
    Yep...I grew up in the northernmost end of the CP Hollywood. Before 495 was built, there was a path through the woods to Sunnyside. We built many tree forts in those woods. So many nails used there my dad said those trees will rust before they rot. Lots of fond memories of my 11 years there.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Only place I ever lived where EVERYONE knew how to use a 4 way stop. Saw 6 cars safely go thru the intersection at the same time there more than once.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Only place I ever lived where EVERYONE knew how to use a 4 way stop. Saw 6 cars safely go thru the intersection at the same time there more than once.

I always say, you only need to be able to count to three. I never understood the many difficulties people have at "all way" stop signs.
    ETA: And a tie goes to the car on the right.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I always say, you only need to be able to count to three. I never understood the many difficulties people have at "all way" stop signs.
    ETA: And a tie goes to the car on the right.

This^^^ Somewhere along the line people just don't seem to get this part of the skill set into their collective noggins--

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Great idea. Personally I'll just get my daily news from regular sources, not a gun forum. That's where I get gun info.

The problem in SoMD ist the absence of regular news sources. There are a few websites that publish news releases from the sheriff and pictures the fire depts send them, but the area is under a near complete blackout by regular news media otherwise. If an accident kills more than 3 at a time or if there is a multi-victim murder, we get a 3-liner on the DC stations, but other than that Hollywood, MD might as well be somewhere in Indiana. Never any follow up. The cops can find a body in your neighbor's yard , until there is a press release from the state attorney announcing an indictment, you won't get any information.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    What kills me is that people fled Chuck County, PG and Northern Virginia because of traffic, congestion and for the rural surroundings of Southern AA and Northern/Central Calvert County. Now that they are here they whine about the lack of big box stores, restaurants and other "amenities".

My God people - didn't you look around before you moved here?

Kinda of like liberals that fled California because they ruined that and now that they have resettled in Texas and Arizona, they are trying to turn that into the same kind of place they left.

Actually had a woman in a Prius ask me at the Dunkirk BP gas station why I needed to drive such a big truck and that I was one of the reasons for global warming! I asked her where the batteries for her Prius came from and why she was at a gas station. She muttered something about "stupid redneck" and walked off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What kills me is that people fled Chuck County, PG and Northern Virginia because of traffic, congestion and for the rural surroundings of Southern AA and Northern/Central Calvert County. Now that they are here they whine about the lack of big box stores, restaurants and other "amenities".

My God people - didn't you look around before you moved here?

Kinda of like liberals that fled California because they ruined that and now that they have resettled in Texas and Arizona, they are trying to turn that into the same kind of place they left.

Actually had a woman in a Prius ask me at the Dunkirk BP gas station why I needed to drive such a big truck and that I was one of the reasons for global warming! I asked her where the batteries for her Prius came from and why she was at a gas station. She muttered something about "stupid redneck" and walked off.

Cuz liberals are smarter than us. Just ask them. They'll tell you it is so.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    I bought my dream home in St Mary's in 1991. Lived there 17 years, Golden Beach. Within 5 years the charm was gone as quickie marts began to litter rt 5. Then the Charles Co dirt bags started coming to town to do their crime. I loved my house and property but had to leave as I had seen this before in Bowie. Bowie was a great place in the 70's but turned to a ghetto.
    I moved my family to Texas then Alabama.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    WNC thus far for us; tell me (us) more about Alabammy, please! :party29:

Yes!
    Please!
    We are looking very hard at northeast
    coastal Florida because of the tax
    advantage (No state income tax on our
    Federal pensions - currently, we send
    almost $19K per year to Maryland) and
    the 2A situation.
    For sure, there are other problems there.
    So, tell us about ‘Bama.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Alabama is perfect for us, especially in retirement.
    Don't get to crazy about the "no state tax" in Fla. untill you check deeper, like property tax. In TX there was no state income tax, but the property tax will kill you! I had a small home on 1/8 acre in San Antonio. My property tax was $3400. Alabama has income tax, but does not tax any form of retirement income. So I pay ZERO tax on my pension or SS incomes. I have a 1700sf home on 1/2 acre. I pay $475 per year for property tax. And when I reach 65 later this year, NO PROPERTY TAX.
    Al is a solid red state. CC license is $20 per year. Open carry, no permit needed. I'm 20 minutes from my private gun club.
    What more do you need to know?

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel

My only regret with fleeing to AA is that I didnt realize everybody else was also. It is slowly being swallowed by PG and Bmore crime, with a growing influence of those that flee what they sowed in MoCo.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    My only regret with fleeing to AA is that I didnt realize everybody else was also. It is slowly being swallowed by PG and Bmore crime, with a growing influence of those that flee what they sowed in MoCo.

Just like the Lefties fleeing from CA to TX. They're bringing their Liberal ideals with them & will eventually turn TX blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom