• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    In case anyone made it down here to the third post in hopes of understanding what this is about, it's H.R. 127 ... a national gun registry/license law that " ... provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition."

It includes the requirement to register every gun you have or will have, where you got them, and where they will be stored ... and the compiled database will be available to the public. Also requires a federal license for "military style" weapons (includes the usual wet dream list of everything scary, like AR-15s, and anything that accepts a removable mag), but only after 24 hours of training and approval from The Crown.

Also bans 50 cal and greater ammo. Not very clear about, say, my 50 cal muzzleloader. Oh, and all "large capacity feeding devices" (anything over 10 rounds) are banned from possession.

It's the usual stuff, right out of California-style dreamin'.

OP: that wasn't so hard, was it?

EDIT: Also discussed here ...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=252767

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In case anyone made it down here to the third post in hopes of understanding what this is about, it's H.R. 127 ... a national gun registry/license law that " ... provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition."

It includes the requirement to register every gun you have or will have, where you got them, and where they will be stored ... and the compiled database will be available to the public. Also requires a federal license for "military style" weapons (includes the usual wet dream list of everything scary, like AR-15s, and anything that accepts a removable mag), but only after 24 hours of training and approval from The Crown.

Also bans 50 cal and greater ammo. Not very clear about, say, my 50 cal muzzleloader. Oh, and all "large capacity feeding devices" (anything over 10 rounds) are banned from possession.

Now I'm Very Afraid!

We all know this will never pass as written. The scary part is even if just one increment of it is passed, it is a victory for the commies. They'll continue to chisel away at our God given rights until there are none left.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    accokeek, welcome but please give a synopsis when you post anything. presumably you already read it all so let us know what it is and what you think. thanks

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Sickening, those people remind me of the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester Stallone. Who do they think will comply with it and what do they think will happen if / when they would enforce it . It is scary .like Occam said what about muzzle loader . I don’t like even thinking about it. Just want to get thru my next 20 hopefully and not be around for this fascism.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Sickening, those people remind me of the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester Stallone. Who do they think will comply with it and what do they think will happen if / when they would enforce it . It is scary .like Occam said what about muzzle loader . I don’t like even thinking about it. Just want to get thru my next 20 hopefully and not be around for this fascism.

Hopefully our children will be able to change these things and make a better place for their children.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Hopefully our children will be able to change these things and make a better place for their children.

don't count on it. the reason we're in the mess is that there are less and less kids getting into hunting and shooting. no one is invested in the shooting sports so no one gives a crap when this anti 2a, over the top, oppressive legislation hits. and guess what, the more rights we use, even less kids will be introduced to the shooting sports. and then less and then less.

why is no one introducing bills to ban alcohol and cell phones despite all the death and damage from drunk and distracted driving. because everyone uses a phone and most like to kick back a beer after work.

we're not going to get our numbers back by accident or luck.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's an unrealistic bill, but is more realistic, which is worrisome from a strategic view. This is basically a feeler for what they think they can get Joe Manchin to buy in on. A very slight tweak to allow standard cap mag ownership if you have the military license could very well do it, unfortunately.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Now I'm Very Afraid!

We all know this will never pass as written. The scary part is even if just one increment of it is passed, it is a victory for the commies. They'll continue to chisel away at our God given rights until there are none left.

It's an unrealistic bill, but is more realistic, which is worrisome from a strategic view. This is basically a feeler for what they think they can get Joe Manchin to buy in on. A very slight tweak to allow standard cap mag ownership if you have the military license could very well do it, unfortunately.
    Kind of my point. These are not the idiot MGA writing this crap. These assholes know how to go after what they want. They'll keep taking a little at a time until they have it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom