• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And you know this how? I said it’s good to practice how to reload, not that you would have to. You need to chill. Your soap box is super high...
    A woman with a "bedside gun" isn't going to train to reload under stress.
    It's also good to learn to shoot off hand while riding a unicycle too just in case.
    I think I've earned a soap box in this field of expertise.
    What have you done your whole life for a career? You should chime in on that subject. I promise I won't say I know better than you.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    A woman with a "bedside gun" isn't going to train to reload under stress.
    It's also good to learn to shoot off hand while riding a unicycle too just in case.
    I think I've earned a soap box in this field of expertise.
    What have you done your whole life for a career? You should chime in on that subject. I promise I won't say I know better than you.

I got a $50 that says you would. You always do. What are your soapbox credentials? I own a gun. I shoot it. I am an expert.

Why wouldn't/couldn't a "woman" train to do anything? Are you saying women are lazy and won't train with their firearms?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I got a $50 that says you would. You always do. What are your soapbox credentials? I own a gun. I shoot it. I am an expert.

Why wouldn't/couldn't a "woman" train to do anything? Are you saying women are lazy and won't train with their firearms?

I like to think a whole career training to re-hijack airplanes as an Air Marshal for a living would account for something.
    A job that revolves around specialized self defense shooting and dynamic offensive shooting. But you don't know me, that's fine.

You lost scope of this whole thing. I didn't say practicing reloading isn't good.
    I'm talking about in a home invasion scenario. I think we all can assume that's what is meant by a "Bedside gun", for a wife. Hell, I have seen female Air Marshals get crushed under pressure. You can't tell me that one little class for someone will give them the confidence and ability to act successfully.
    I know people. I didn't say women don't train. PEOPLE in general are lazy. It's not a priority.
    You need a fool proof, EASY weapon to help you in that situation. KISS principle
    So because of my training and experience, I get enthusiastic.
    I'll get off my soapbox now, I'm sure I'll need it later.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD

They don't have time to train with their firearms. They're too busy cooking and cleaning.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Be careful. Some people will think you're serious. lol

*****I knew he was kidding! And I'm one of those people who think a decent revolver is a great choice for the average not into shooting, or practicing individual as a bedside firearm. It's unlikely you will need to reload to fend off hordes of home invaders after the first shot goes off and you either drop the person, or the noise just scares them enough to realize the next shot might not miss or might end them.

I'm not privy to the thoughts of a criminal mastermind, but if I'm a criminal and I know I shouldn't be somewhere - someone shooting at me in their own home, me most likely NOT knowing the layout of said home, and not to mention a bedroom door or hallway is basically a fatal tunnel as we teach in class - I'd be hightailing my ass outta that place like Usain Bolt at the Olympics and looking for an easier score, or a more honest line of work like my Jizz-Mopper example in another thread!

I"m no sexist, I think a revolver is a decent choice for *anyone* who isn't really a gun person, but wants to be able to defend themselves if something happens that requires the use of a firearm..

That being said, and to show how much I appreciate the women in my life who often end up being the dishwasher for whatever reason.. I'm pretty happy just putting a load in the dishwasher to show that I care as often as I can!!!....:innocent0

Every real man should be helping out like this IMO, but I'm old fashioned that way....:thumbsup:

Attachments

• dishwasher_load.jpg
      dishwasher_load.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 202

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm pretty happy just putting a load in the dishwasher to show that I care as often as I can!!!....:innocent0

Every real man should be helping out like this IMO, but I'm old fashioned that way....:thumbsup:

Why do women have small feet?

So they can stand closer to the sink. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The * Woman * part isn't really an issue ( other than perhaps the ergonomic standard deviation thing , but there is still overlap there ) .

The controlling factor is " person who went thru their whole life with zero experience with guns , having a sudden externally influenced desire for a * bedside gun * ) is not likely to persue more than the minimum necessary initial familiarization .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom