• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Many of you know that there was a time when mil surp was plentiful. And relatively inexpensive. SOG would mail newspaper length ads, SAMCO, Empire, Classic before ( the k98s) and after the sale. The woman from LI selling Finn rifles who would send a copy of her drivers license...Pat....( i bought 5 m39s...bought a WWII sako 1945 to shoot and learned it was sort of rare). . Allan..in fla. The gun shows. CMP. Local newspaper ads. 03 FFL can be expensive.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    My wife would be very confused and I like it that way - saves a lot of incriminating questions. My biggest problem now is that mine has learned to count.

I finally amassed enough firearms to keep the wife confused on exactly how many I have (30+) but then they wouldn't all fit in one safe, so I had to find excuses as to why more safes/cabinets arrived, because those are easier to count.

"So, I need one for reloading components, one for ammo and handguns, one for rifles and shotguns."

Which is a total lie. The ammo is locked up in the camping gear closet, reloading supplies is in the work shop in an old and gutted mini-fridge, handguns hang from bore hangers on the shelves in the cabinets, and everything else is filled to above capacity with guns. In fact, with the CMP order and wining that 1943 Savage No.4 Mk.1* at the HoCo auction tonight, I have more guns than room in cabinets.... time for another one I guess.....
    That means it's also time to get her a gift certificate for a day at the spa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom