• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    Hello all,

New here and I'm signed up for an HQL class at Gilbert in Rockville in about a week (as of right now they're still doing it, outside of regular hrs and with reduced class size). I don't believe they do prints or the application though, anyone know of places in my area where this can still be done or do I need to wait until restrictions are lifted? American Identity Solutions has temporarily suspended fingerprinting.

Thanks!

Kalinka63

Dieu et mon droit
    Heritage in Frederick is still processing fingerprints. I got mine done last Thursday, no wait, quick service. The website has a pop up window that contains a link to make an appointment. It’s about 30 minutes from Rockville

I took a HQL class at United Gun last Saturday and several people from my class also got prints done at Heritage. Note that is you want the Utah CCL you need to ask for a hard copy of the prints.

https://www.heritagetrainingcenter.com/?utm_source=local&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I got my fingerprints taken at the Gaithersburg Sheriff's office on Watkins Mill Road. The charge was $10. But because of the COVID-19 situation, you may want to call to check if the service is still available. Maybe hard to do hard copies of fingerprints because of the social distancing rules.

Cal68

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    I’m in Gaithersburg myself (near Seneca Creek) so that would be really convenient. But yes I imagine the old fashioned fingerprinting process would be tricky under current circumstances. Will give them a call, thanks for the heads-up.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    There is also a place off Gude Drive where I got mine. Near the FedEx building.

All American Protective Services (Fingerprinting)
    14 Google reviews
    Fingerprinting service in Derwood, Maryland
    Located in: Metro park north
    Address: 7361 Calhoun Pl #485, Rockville, MD 20855
    Hours:
    Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Hours or services may differ
    Phone: (301) 296-4499
    Appointments: marylandfingerprint.com

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I got my fingerprints taken at the Gaithersburg Sheriff's office on Watkins Mill Road. The charge was $10. But because of the COVID-19 situation, you may want to call to check if the service is still available. Maybe hard to do hard copies of fingerprints because of the social distancing rules.

Cal68

These wouldn't be the correct fingerprints for an HQL. The absolute least you will pay for livescan fingerprints is $35. The state charges the provider (even LE Agencies) $35 to submit a set of prints.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Heritage in Frederick is still processing fingerprints. I got mine done last Thursday, no wait, quick service. The website has a pop up window that contains a link to make an appointment. It’s about 30 minutes from Rockville

I took a HQL class at United Gun last Saturday and several people from my class also got prints done at Heritage. Note that is you want the Utah CCL you need to ask for a hard copy of the prints.

https://www.heritagetrainingcenter.com/?utm_source=local&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb
    Thanks for this. Just got my prints done for VA CCW renewal done there today. Very nice facility and nice people. Really appreciated that they were still open, not too many places doing prints right now.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    These wouldn't be the correct fingerprints for an HQL. The absolute least you will pay for livescan fingerprints is $35. The state charges the provider (even LE Agencies) $35 to submit a set of prints.

Oops, you are absolutely right. I wasn't thinking straight and should have realized it was for an HQL. Sorry OP.

Cal68

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Hello all,

New here and I'm signed up for an HQL class at Gilbert in Rockville in about a week (as of right now they're still doing it, outside of regular hrs and with reduced class size). I don't believe they do prints or the application though, anyone know of places in my area where this can still be done or do I need to wait until restrictions are lifted? American Identity Solutions has temporarily suspended fingerprinting.

Thanks!

As of last week, a placed in Ellicott City called FYI Fingerprinting was still open. I'd call first to make sure.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    As an update in case this is useful to anyone else looking at HQL classes - I called Gilbert indoor range to confirm my class date and on certain days they do have fingerprinting on site, including the day of my class. The guy I spoke to did appreciate the tip on Heritage though as this is not always the case and they have to refer customers to a dwindling number of fingerprinting locations.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I know this is an old thread, but I thought it the best thread to report that my wife and I got printed by the Rockville PD. It was the least expensive place I could find. It was half the price of the vendor that was present at our HQL live fire at MSAR. (We did the class work virtually due to Covid.)

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    I know this is an old thread, but I thought it the best thread to report that my wife and I got printed by the Rockville PD. It was the least expensive place I could find. It was half the price of the vendor that was present at our HQL live fire at MSAR. (We did the class work virtually due to Covid.)
    Curious what you paid?

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    United Gun Shop on Randolph Rd in Rockville, MD does Livescan printing. Cost is $57. My girlfriend needed a set and was able to get them done in 5 minutes. We went midday and it was absolutely dead inside.

We both needed fingerprint cards done for our FL applications. We went to the Montgomery Village Police Station. The cost for the fingerprinting for the FL card is $10. There was no wait.

FYI to anyone getting print cards done in Montgomery County at a police district, call ahead and verify that the station is doing them. Bethesda does not(printing has been suspended indefinitely), Silver Spring only does it on certain days after 8:30 PM(yes, PM), Rockville only does it one or two days a week for several hours, ETC ETC. To me, this is appalling. In one of the richest counties in the country, you'd think that fingerprinting would be an easy and available process. It's not, call ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom