• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    Am awaiting the "NOT DISAPPROVED" on a new pistol from the MSP. Bought last Friday 20 December and normally I'd be able to pick up from the dealer this Friday, the 27th, but I know I "lost" a day because of Christmas, so I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday.

But now I noticed the MSP "approval" facility was also closed the day of Christmas Eve...so I'm wondering if that means I'll have to wait another day beyond Saturday.

Anyone know? Thanks!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Unless the law changed, after 7 days your dealer will decide what to do.

Back in 2013, MSP LD was so backed up, it took months to get the "not disapproved". Many dealers released after 7 days, based on the law.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    No. The law states you can not pick up on a Sunday or a holiday, if they are your 7th day. For example, if your 7th day falls on a Sunday, you would not be able to pick it up till Monday. Now if Monday is also a holiday, you would not be able to pick up till Tuesday. The 7 day clock counts down, regardless of whether or not there is a Sunday or a holiday.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Unless the law changed, after 7 days your dealer will decide what to do.

Back in 2013, MSP LD was so backed up, it took months to get the "not disapproved". Many dealers released after 7 days, based on the law.

I remember buying a stripped lower in a private sale at MSP Frederick, back in August of 2013. My friend that sold me the lower, never got the paperwork back from MSP LD for us to sign. Oooops.....

Guess who built a HBAR on it, then did a bill of sale for the HBAR, for just the cost of the lower, just to be on the safe side?

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    No. The law states you can not pick up on a Sunday or a holiday, if they are your 7th day. For example, if your 7th day falls on a Sunday, you would not be able to pick it up till Monday. Now if Monday is also a holiday, you would not be able to pick up till Tuesday. The 7 day clock counts down, regardless of whether or not there is a Sunday or a holiday.

Where can i find the law stating the rules for the countdown clock?

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I did person to person transfer via MSP and on-line application on Tuesday 12/17. Got e-mail notification on the morning of Tuesday 12/24- for NOT Disapproved.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I'm not a lawyer, so when I try to read and understand the Maryland laws, I just get confused. I was hoping for this Friday, but I think the MSP days off for XMAS eve and XMAS are going to delay me beyond the 7th day, which is this Friday. We'll see.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I did person to person transfer via MSP and on-line application on Tuesday 12/17. Got e-mail notification on the morning of Tuesday 12/24- for NOT Disapproved.

I had one come back yesterday too which surprised me since they were closed. I figured it wouldn't come in until the 26th because of their closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom