• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Now I am in a pickle. My son who is a truck driver called and told me that he will be in town on Sunday and Monday only. Arriving late Sunday afternoon, taking care of some business early Monday morning with his new used car and then back on the open road he goes. He wants to show me his new KW with only 1700 miles on it Monday after he is done with business with his vehicle so Now I am torn between going to SCOTUS and looking at his new KW but when it comes down to it when family ask you to meet with them and mabe help him with a few things family comes first even tho I wish I could be at SCOTUS. Going to call him and see if things can be changed around and do it Sunday but if not then I will not make it Monday to SCOTUS...

Pope414

Now I am in a pickle. My son who is a truck driver called and told me that he will be in town on Sunday and Monday only. Arriving late Sunday afternoon, taking care of some business early Monday morning with his new used car and then back on the open road he goes. He wants to show me his new KW with only 1700 miles on it Monday after he is done with business with his vehicle so Now I am torn between going to SCOTUS and looking at his new KW but when it comes down to it when family ask you to meet with them and mabe help him with a few things family comes first even tho I wish I could be at SCOTUS. Going to call him and see if things can be changed around and do it Sunday but if not then I will not make it Monday to SCOTUS...

There is no problem MCD Family first ! Take time with your son...I cherish every memory I had with my pop & wish I had more..

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Yes, no worries motorcoachdoug!

Life is always a game-day decision - - very sorry you can’t make it.

I would like to see that new KW too!

My Dad is gone, and you are a good Dad to chose time with your son.

The Second Amendment abolition crew isn’t going away, so you’ll have more chances to get in the fight.

We’ll see you then!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks for the support for family first and understanding as well but know that if my son was not in town that day that I would have made the trip to stand beside you all and hopefully be lucky enough to get a seat inside SCOTUS to watch the fireworks and hopefully see NYC get a major smackdown as well.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I understand. A countdown.

Thanks for the support for family first and understanding as well but know that if my son was not in town that day that I would have made the trip to stand beside you all and hopefully be lucky enough to get a seat inside SCOTUS to watch the fireworks and hopefully see NYC get a major smackdown as well.
    Doug, I'm going against the flow, and vote for attending the session.

This a 'one time event' for SCOTUS, and you will (I hope) have many opportunities to see your your son (though not with a low-mileage truck).

Of course most of my family is dead to me (either figuratively, or literally), so what ever you decide, I stand with you 100%.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I understand. A countdown.

Doug, I'm going against the flow, and vote for attending the session.

This a 'one time event' for SCOTUS, and you will (I hope) have many opportunities to see your your son (though not with a low-mileage truck).

Of course most of my family is dead to me (either figuratively, or literally), so what ever you decide, I stand with you 100%.
    +1
    It is a good feeling when people talk of various 2A happenings and you are able to say "I was there!". Now, MCD, if this were a new Tesla Truck ....

Good to see you post eruby.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Supreme Court set to hear first major gun control case since 2010 https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/30/supreme-court-set-hear-first-major-gun-control-cas/

Josh Blackman thinks the appeal will be dismissed after oral arguments. He thinks that if the case isn’t dismissed, then it’ll be difficult to add another 2A case during this session.

Gottlieb says it’ll be a win for 2A, just a matter of how big.

Lastly, some schmuck from Brady cries about unelected judges having such an impact on things, namely, “gun safety” policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Supreme Court set to hear first major gun control case since 2010 https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/30/supreme-court-set-hear-first-major-gun-control-cas/

Josh Blackman thinks the appeal will be dismissed after oral arguments. He thinks that if the case isn’t dismissed, then it’ll be difficult to add another 2A case during this session.

Gottlieb says it’ll be a win for 2A, just a matter of how big.

Lastly, some schmuck from Brady cries about unelected judges having such an impact on things, namely, “gun safety” policy.

I think he means if the case IS dismissed, it'll be difficult to add another 2A case during this session (I don't see them doing anything but GVR the held cases IF this is decided on the merits). SCOTUS would need to render an opinion dismissing as moot very quickly (within a few weeks), then accept another one of the held cases at the first possible conference. A very very tight window.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Doug, come to SCOTUS, have the son pick you up from the there. We all get to see the Rig. Problem solved.

Ha ha we all know that SCOTUS police and the US Capitol Police will NOT let a big truck with a 53ft trailer near that place unless they are making a delivery and first you have to go to an off sight place for inspection first plus be on the right list in order just to approach the off sight inspection as well. That is all i am going to say about that matter. If he arrives early enough this afternoon i can see it then and still make tomorrow.. Already sent him a text saying careful driving but do NOT wast any time getting here. Also has anyone checked the weather for tomorrow morning????? They are calling for that wet stuff that is clear called Rain and mabe snow as well ..

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I think he means if the case IS dismissed, it'll be difficult to add another 2A case during this session (I don't see them doing anything but GVR the held cases IF this is decided on the merits). SCOTUS would need to render an opinion dismissing as moot very quickly (within a few weeks), then accept another one of the held cases at the first possible conference. A very very tight window.

They could dismiss as improvidently granted within two weeks, if no one writes a dissent. But I would expect a cert grant immediately at Friday's conference to speed the next case.

Selectively mooting cases to get favorable conditions for a win (the kosher prison food briefs) or evade review (the case itself) are tactics that should be denied to governments, but will the SC see this case as a proper vehicle to change those rules?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They could dismiss as improvidently granted within two weeks, if no one writes a dissent. But I would expect a cert grant immediately at Friday's conference to speed the next case.

Selectively mooting cases to get favorable conditions for a win (the kosher prison food briefs) or evade review (the case itself) are tactics that should be denied to governments, but will the SC see this case as a proper vehicle to change those rules?

This case does demonstrate the disingenuous behavior local governments are relegating the 2A to a second class right.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    HQL is needed to purchase, not possess. I'm not sure how a HQL, FOID, et al, could legally be permanently revoked absent an actual conviction.

AFAIK in MD if you can’t legally get an HQL, then you are prohibited from owning firearms. I understand the HQL is not for possession. We’ve had people post about having their HQL revoked/not approved and then a visit from the MSP. Am I mistaken on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    As this current Weather Underground graphic (and HaveBlue!) states, rain continues in DC today, but ends at nightfall.

Tomorrow at Second Amendment Rally time (8 - 11 AM) it looks to be very good: weather forecast is partly sunny and 43 degrees, with almost no perceptible wind so it should feel that temp too.

Graphic is mostly the 12-hour period from midnight tonight to noon Monday:

Attachments

• 33E3EA4B-BD53-4606-BD67-A36B45FDC896.jpg
      33E3EA4B-BD53-4606-BD67-A36B45FDC896.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 318

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    This case does demonstrate the disingenuous behavior local governments are relegating the 2A to a second class right.

I really hope that this point gets hammered as well as it can (vs the obvious 2A arguments). The court needs to send a message that just changing the law will not be tolerated, otherwise, this will be the blueprint for the antis going forward. SCOTUS granted cert? “Oh, no worries. We’ll just change the law a little and then change it back.”

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I really hope that this point gets hammered as well as it can (vs the obvious 2A arguments). The court needs to send a message that just changing the law will not be tolerated, otherwise, this will be the blueprint for the antis going forward. SCOTUS granted cert? “Oh, no worries. We’ll just change the law a little and then change it back.”

There is also the lower courts stating that "bear" is not core to the 2A, bucking Heller. Which is exactly what happened in this case. The appelatte court sided with NYC, only for NYC to "give in" after the case being granted cert.

I think the SCOTUS will be giving direction about "bear" being an equal part for the civil right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom