• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I guess I'm not that into SKSs. In my mind, $320 should include shipping and guaranteed matching numbers. The condition of some of them is pretty bad. I do wish I'd have snagged a couple more of the $200 ones from Royal Tiger though. The one I got is really nice, although the stock is badly cracked (as advertised).

As with everything else, the prices of these shot up during "the madness" of last year. They're coming back down from their zenith of last summer, but I doubt we'll ever see Fall of 2013 prices again.

I personally would just about as soon pay $320 for one that doesn't have a cracked or broken stock, vs. $200 for one that does, but I agree about thinking you ought to also be able to get matching numbers for that price. Once you've tacked on $20 for matching numbers, and about another $20 for shipping, it starts to be a pricey rifle ... but one that I think is still worth that kind of money. I just *really* like the Sino-Soviet SKSs, and when the Albanian caves are empty (and they may be getting close to that), the prices will keep going up.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    What have the Sino-Soviets been selling for a the gun shows and local stores? I had to take a few month breather to financially recover from the ban so I don't know local retail at the moment on this batch....

When you combine $320 + $20 for #'s matching and +$20 for shipping, you're at $360 on something sight unseen. Although I think it's still worth it, if it's approaching local retail price, i'd rather put my hands on it and support a local business. Either way, once the supply drys up, all prices will rise. It's definitely a buy price where it stands, but the great deals from a few months are are slipping away $20 at a time.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I guess I'm not that into SKSs. In my mind, $320 should include shipping and guaranteed matching numbers. The condition of some of them is pretty bad. I do wish I'd have snagged a couple more of the $200 ones from Royal Tiger though. The one I got is really nice, although the stock is badly cracked (as advertised).

I do agree with you on this. For that price, you can get anything from a matching Tula SKS which we've seen, a nice early Sino-Soviet, or a non matching shooter like I got. Either way, you're not getting screwed because they will all be good shooters. I'm not an SKS guy either. I sold my 1958 type 56 so I could buy a nice Romanian for about the same price. That's the only SKS I plan on owning, unless the price is right on a nice Russian.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9x18 mak at Sportsman's Guide. Just got 1,000 rounds

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...ign=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com

That's what it was in the spring when I ordered my last bit of the Brown Bear.
    It was gone in about 3 days at that price.
    Don't forget that some indoor ranges won't let you shoot the bi-metal bullets.
    20 cents a round is a real bargain! If you think you can't shoot all 1000, I'm sure you can off load them to recover your shipping costs.
    There is also 9mm and 45 on that list too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That's what it was in the spring when I ordered my last bit of the Brown Bear.
    It was gone in about 3 days at that price.
    Don't forget that some indoor ranges won't let you shoot the bi-metal bullets.
    20 cents a round is a real bargain! If you think you can't shoot all 1000, I'm sure you can off load them to recover your shipping costs.
    There is also 9mm and 45 on that list too.

Shipping was free with the code (it's on their website, can't recall what it is).

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I did not see a free shipping coupon, I have access to the coupon system they use:

Take $10 Off Your Order of $100, at Sportsmanguide.com. With Coupon Code SGSAVE0114.
    1-Jan-2014 3:00 AM to 1-Feb-2015 2:59 AM

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What have the Sino-Soviets been selling for a the gun shows and local stores? I had to take a few month breather to financially recover from the ban so I don't know local retail at the moment on this batch....

When you combine $320 + $20 for #'s matching and +$20 for shipping, you're at $360 on something sight unseen. Although I think it's still worth it, if it's approaching local retail price, i'd rather put my hands on it and support a local business. Either way, once the supply drys up, all prices will rise. It's definitely a buy price where it stands, but the great deals from a few months are are slipping away $20 at a time.

I've seen them for sale at $450 (of course these are matching # ones in pretty good condition).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom