• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    This is from Tim's facebook page. I find this pretty disgusting.
    https://www.facebook.com/knight4nra/photos/a.734987026543067/2785448761496873/?type=3&theater
    And now the retribution: Because I publicly expressed concern over current NRA management’s leadership and spurious spending, I am being punished. It has come down from the Officers of the NRA, as I publicly predicted, I will not be given any committee assignments*. Oh well, I work for the members and if speaking up has a cost I will pay it. I need a strong NRA so I believe we as your elected Board should address the issues and concerns, not ignore them. Our Assocation is suffering from self inflicted mismanagement and we are losing the trust of our members. I am called a “divider” but I did not create these problems. Better yet an agent of Bloomberg. <-LOL : I have been directly involved in beating Bloomberg money in political campaigns three times. Twice in one day in 2013. So let’s stop shenanigans and get the NRA back on track for 2020.

I am not sure the members will be pleased that I have been boxed out. This Assocation still belongs to my boss, the members. I will still do what the members elected me to do, grassroots member engagement.

I am still a Board Member and I still have a vote on the Boardroom floor. I can still sit in on commitee meetings unless I am asked to leave but I am no longer welcome in the discussion.

* I had served most recently on Grassroots and Publication. I have asked for more than two committees for years.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Thanks.
    Yet again, I will say this NRA mess needs a whopping dose of sunshine. The group needs to be strong for 2020 and the sooner the disinfection starts, the sooner it will be over.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I can't stand this NRA dysfunction. 2A supporters need to remain united, and this level of acrimony in one of the biggest 2A advocacy groups is just unhealthy.

LaPierre should go, and he should go voluntarily and for the good of the cause. At this point it does not make a difference if he's right, wrong, vindicated or guilty. It is a substantial distraction and it's subverting the 2A cause.

Please, for the sake of the cause and the preservation of civil rights, Wayne: Resign. Please. Do the right thing and move on.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    "Carolyn Meadows, the N.R.A.’s president, said in a statement that “we are disappointed whenever donors choose to suspend their support of the N.R.A., but we hope to win them back.” She added: “People may resist change, but they embrace progress. We’re experiencing that right now at the N.R.A. There’s an energy within the N.R.A. that is hard to describe — and we continue to earn the support of millions of loyal members.”"

She speaks as though the change has been good and that there has been progress, I am guessing these are internal secrets not to be revealed??

Randy Wood

Jan 30, 2010
    Here's a highlight for you:

"Even so, the N.R.A.’s net assets fell sharply last year and the organization was forced to freeze its pension fund. It also took more than $30 million out of its charitable foundation in 2017; it recently increased a line of credit, backed by the deed to its headquarters, to $28 million; and it borrowed against life insurance policies taken out on top executives."

As a long time Endowment-Life member with a master's degree in finance, I can tell you that there are a lot of serious issues contained in just that one paragraph from the NYT article. The NRA is first and foremost a nonprofit civil rights organization charged with defending our 2nd amendment rights and promoting firearms safety and education. We should not be a mechanism for the personal enrichment of a handful of top executives and NRA insiders. This outrageous financial mismanagement must stop and Wayne LaPierre must go... Now.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Here's a highlight for you:

"Even so, the N.R.A.’s net assets fell sharply last year and the organization was forced to freeze its pension fund. It also took more than $30 million out of its charitable foundation in 2017; it recently increased a line of credit, backed by the deed to its headquarters, to $28 million; and it borrowed against life insurance policies taken out on top executives."

As a long time Endowment-Life member with a master's degree in finance, I can tell you that there are a lot of serious issues contained in just that one paragraph from the NYT article. The NRA is first and foremost a nonprofit civil rights organization charged with defending our 2nd amendment rights and promoting firearms safety and education. We should not be a mechanism for the personal enrichment of a handful of top executives and NRA insiders. This outrageous financial mismanagement must stop and Wayne LaPierre must go... Now.

NRA has indeed evolved into a Cash Cow for the top Executives. So change is overdue with LaPierre the first to go. Overpaid and underperforming. A Toxic Good Guy with a Gun..

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Randy Wood,

Thanks for sharing your expertize.

Looks like it takes 56 of the 75 member board before the issue can be forced. The fact that LaPierre presided over many great accomplishments over the years probably makes many reluctant to act, but it seems to me you are correct in pointing out we now need new people at the top.

Regards
    Jack

Randy Wood

Jan 30, 2010
    Yes, the entire current leadership of the NRA should be purged and I personally favor the return of Chris Cox and Oliver North.

I have served as the CFO of a nonprofit organization, and the management principles are not rocket science. It is well known that total administrative expenses should not exceed 10% of the annual budget for a nonprofit, with 8% or less being the hallmark of a well-run organization. I shudder to think how much of our dues and contributions have been wasted on LaPierre and his cronies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom