• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I want to participate in a 2 gun on Saturday but I need mag holsters. Anywhere in Carroll or Howard county to get them? Maybe a local kydex person?
    The ARPC 2-gun? Was considering that but have other stuff on Saturday. May swing by to watch for a few minutes.

Baltimore’s Best Pawn usually has an assortment of pouches/carriers. They also have a bin by the register as you go in with used pouches/holsters. Take one of each mag and try some out.

Otherwise Bass Pro Shops has a surprising amount of mag pouches near their holsters.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    For those concerned about costs (all of us), 3 gun can certainly be a little daunting if you watch the YouTube videos and buy in on all the high end equipment. Personally I find it to be much cheaper than golf which I’m sure many folks play here. The difference is that you can benefit from a little more lump sum payment in shooting because you load up on ammo when rebates or big sales are running.

Like any sport, come out and watch/shoot a match with what you have. Borrow what you dont. Shoot 2 gun first if you don’t have a shotgun. Get a taste for what the sport is and if you like it then make investments in equipment.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    For those concerned about costs (all of us), 3 gun can certainly be a little daunting if you watch the YouTube videos and buy in on all the high end equipment. Personally I find it to be much cheaper than golf which I’m sure many folks play here. The difference is that you can benefit from a little more lump sum payment in shooting because you load up on ammo when rebates or big sales are running.

Like any sport, come out and watch/shoot a match with what you have. Borrow what you dont. Shoot 2 gun first if you don’t have a shotgun. Get a taste for what the sport is and if you like it then make investments in equipment.

I signed up for two gun. No shotguns in the collection any more.

I'm not investing another dime yet--my last expense for action shooting was sending out a pistol slide to be milled for a red dot, and that's because my eyesight and prescription don't mix for fixed pistol sights for action shooting or target practice. I need a solution regardless. Hopefully it's in hand shortly.

I like DanB's suggestion of pockets for the AR magazines. Your note popped up while I was searching for belt magazine holders https://www.amazon.com/Comp-Tac-AR556-Pouch-Right-Kydex/dp/B079VFCTM7 . Yikes! Don't need to spend $70 right now.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    You really don't need to get the cool looking magazine holder. The soft taco style is perfectly adequate for any multigun competition. If you need a second magazine during a stage you probably need more practice :)

Hmmm, the old boxes in the basement should have a few of the soft pouches...never thought of that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom