• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'm no help on the current prices for a decent T-53.

What I can tell you is back in 2013 Century had U-Fix-Em's for $60 so I bought two for long term project guns. As expected the stocks were trashed and they were missing parts.

It took me a few months to restore them both to shooting condition, but the experience was worth it.

Next time you can make it to a Hooligan Shoot I'll make sure they are there for you to shoot...

:)

Attachments

• DSC09769.jpg
      DSC09769.jpg
      53.9 KB · Views: 276
    • DSC01049.jpg
      DSC01049.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 302
    • DSC00400.jpg
      DSC00400.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 292

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    traditionally, the Type 53 Mosin was less in price than the Russian M44
    Type 53 bores can be anywhere from frosty and worn down to pretty good.
    Many Type 53 rifles will have a mismatched bolt with the rest matching.

The one thing I have seen in Type 53 mosins is that they won't be all refurbished and refinished.
    Macodoc published a "rejuvinize" thread to bring them back to where they would have been before stored improperly (some got this faded white haze on them).

I like mine cause the patina on them was very real and unlike alot of russian mosins can be more like how they were when last issued.
    That's one of the reasons I got one of the Albanian M44 (Russian made) mosins when they were available for a short time.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have three of them currently. Asking because I'm thinking of offloading one of them to help the wife get over me buying another rifle

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I have three of them currently. Asking because I'm thinking of offloading one of them to help the wife get over me buying another rifle

Oh, OK.
    Actually, a clever move.
    Unload a Surplus T53 (bought previously as bait perhaps?), and proclaim the sacrifice, only to make room for whatever (something nicer than a T53 I assume)Brilliant really.
    Not a sacrifice, but an upgrade, and all without hearing about adding "another gun". Just a switch.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Oh, OK.
    Actually, a clever move.
    Unload a Surplus T53 (bought previously as bait perhaps?), and proclaim the sacrifice, only to make room for whatever (something nicer than a T53 I assume)Brilliant really.
    Not a sacrifice, but an upgrade, and all without hearing about adding "another gun". Just a switch.

Maybe that was part of the plan. Buy cheap let inflate slightly then sacrifice to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom