• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Actually now that I'm thinking about this, I have a couple noob questions.

-They dont have F Marked FSB's for the Carbine/Removable Carry Handle Variants

So if someone buys a Windham with removable carry handle, the FSB it comes with is not compatible? I thought standard BUIS were the same height as detachable carry handles. So they're selling you a detachable carry handle model that cant be used correctly with the factory FSB? That's messed up.

-The Buffer/Action Springs are on the 5%+ side
    -The Gas Ports are about 20% larger than they need to be. I know WHY they do this (Reduced ammo sensitivity, thus reduced returns), but it makes the guns overgassed.

Do you mean the buffer springs are stiffer than normal? Wouldn't this be a good thing, if the guns are overgassed? Also, if someone threw an H3 buffer in there, that would assist the overgassing problem, right?

Ty :D

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Bushmaster Brand was sold. Another company is making the rifles but still using the Bushmaster name. The guy who started the company (original builder) did not like their new finished product, and got tired of sitting around. So, he started his own new company Windham Weaponry. I heard his rifles are Bad Ass. Top Quality Stuff, but I have yet to lay hands on one yet. Hope this helped you out some.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Actually now that I'm thinking about this, I have a couple noob questions.

So if someone buys a Windham with removable carry handle, the FSB it comes with is not compatible? I thought standard BUIS were the same height as detachable carry handles. So they're selling you a detachable carry handle model that cant be used correctly with the factory FSB? That's messed up.

You can get it to hit POI/POI but you may have to adjust the Front SIght to its limits to get proper impact. Detachable Carry Handle Equipped weapons require a F Height FSB to have proper sight alignment.

Do you mean the buffer springs are stiffer than normal? Wouldn't this be a good thing, if the guns are overgassed? Also, if someone threw an H3 buffer in there, that would assist the overgassing problem, right?

Ty :D

Yes, you are correct but the gun shouldnt be overgassed from the start. A Stronger Buffer Spring/Action Spring or H Buffer will likely remedy overgassing. Guns are often overgassed to reduce the likleyhood of short stroking on weak ammo or steel cased ammo that has lots of blowby. The problem with this is if you are using a heavy spring and buffer to offset overgassing and have bolt bounce you now have to high end tuning limit left to eliminate bolt bounce with a heavier buffer or spring combination.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    You can get it to hit POI/POI but you may have to adjust the Front SIght to its limits to get proper impact. Detachable Carry Handle Equipped weapons require a F Height FSB to have proper sight alignment.

Yes, you are correct but the gun shouldnt be overgassed from the start. A Stronger Buffer Spring/Action Spring or H Buffer will likely remedy overgassing. Guns are often overgassed to reduce the likleyhood of short stroking on weak ammo or steel cased ammo that has lots of blowby. The problem with this is if you are using a heavy spring and buffer to offset overgassing and have bolt bounce you now have to high end tuning limit left to eliminate bolt bounce with a heavier buffer or spring combination.

Ah, got it now. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom