• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Well this is more of a cartridge board but you get the gist. Some REALLY oddball stuff I collected over the years, lower right look for the 22 EX Long centerfire!

Attachments

• IMG_5841.JPG
      IMG_5841.JPG
      48.5 KB · Views: 352
    • IMG_5842.JPG
      IMG_5842.JPG
      53.2 KB · Views: 342
    • IMG_5843.JPG
      IMG_5843.JPG
      67.1 KB · Views: 344
    • IMG_5844.JPG
      IMG_5844.JPG
      58.9 KB · Views: 346
    Last edited:

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Uuuuhhhh, how about some labels??????

:D

Looks good.

I WOULD have liked to do that but much of it is in cipher! Sure there are a hand full of easy to identify 30-0 whatever or 7.62 X whatever but many of these things are easily 100 plus years old. 45-90, Jeffries, 256 Newton ect and some I haven't a clue!

This is mostly just oddball tidbits I hoarded over the years. I had a bunch of dups and gave them away.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I WOULD have liked to do that but much of it is in cipher! Sure there are a hand full of easy to identify 30-0 whatever or 7.62 X whatever but many of these things are easily 100 plus years old. 45-90, Jeffries, 256 Newton ect and some I haven't a clue!

This is mostly just oddball tidbits I hoarded over the years. I had a bunch of dups and gave them away.

CARTRIDGES OF THE WORLD, 13TH EDITION: A Complete and Illustrated Reference for More Than 1,500 Cartridges:
    https://www.hamiltonbook.com/cartri...rated-reference-for-more-than-1500-cartridges

Or this site however you probably need a translation:
    http://www.municion.org/

Is this the .22 Extra Long Center fire?
    http://www.municion.org/Stevens/22-15-60Stevens.htm

Some people actually collect this stuff:
    http://www.municion.org/tucole/tucole.htm

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I made the following shadow box about a year ago. I think I have added about 4 additional calibers since I created this.

i-fHKqKpR-L.jpg

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    Nice!
    I've been wanting to do something like this, maybe now I'm motivated.
    I really like that 22 EX Long Centerfire. Never heard of that one.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nice!
    I've been wanting to do something like this, maybe now I'm motivated.
    I really like that 22 EX Long Centerfire. Never heard of that one.

Nor did I until I researched it hard sitting in my office before flushing. I have a old 1956 Gun Digest that actually mentions it in a couple paragraphs. I think it was used in converted Ballard rifles or something like that. :confused:

It really stuck out like a sore thumb with some of the buffalo cartridges!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I tired mounting a bullet board a few times but never got the right look. Instead I went with acrylic display risers (these were originally used to display some of my mineral collection, but I re-purposed them). This worked out pretty well as you can easily pick things up and take a look at them. Have it sitting in the far corner of my reloading area. As long as nobody bumps the counter hard, all is well. If someone slams into it, I have to play "52 pickup", but it doesn't happen often.

Bottom row are rimfires and center-fire pistol cartridges
    Middle row are center-fire rifle cartridges and odd dogs and cats
    Top row are pin-fire shotgun and center fired shotgun rounds

Attachments

• 20170111_184744.jpg
      20170111_184744.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 109

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    I tired mounting a bullet board a few times but never got the right look. Instead I went with acrylic display risers (these were originally used to display some of my mineral collection, but I re-purposed them). This worked out pretty well as you can easily pick things up and take a look at them. Have it sitting in the far corner of my reloading area. As long as nobody bumps the counter hard, all is well. If someone slams into it, I have to play "52 pickup", but it doesn't happen often.

Nice but with dog wrestling and shaky hands they would be everywhere. If you want to immobilize for all time just a drop of Crazy Glue on the base.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Are those darts in the picture for picking a load out of a load manual? :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

For the center fire, if the are inert, you can use a screw up through the primer hole.

NOT a good idea for live rounds. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom