• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Going hunting on the Eastern shore Friday and Saturday. Neighbor and I were going to sight in Thursday and I just noticed that hap baker is only open Friday-Sunday after the 1st of the year!!!

What is open generally between Easton and Salisbury to the public on a Thursday? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I guess instead of panicking I should spend 30 seconds on google. Delmarva sporting clays? Right in mardela springs on the way. I feel like I've heard good things, but since it is just sighting in...well I might have a few spare boxes of .223 for my AR for a little fun.

Thanks guys!

Feb 28, 2013
    DSC is at the 98mm on E/B 50, behind the truck inspection station. Take the first right turn after the Nanticoke River Bridge. Can't miss it.

Feb 28, 2013
    Watch driving between Easton and Mardela Springs. It's a good place to get stopped for speeding or failing to slow down for an emergency vehicle.

Oh yeah. Smokey loves the stretch between the 82 and the 96. See 'em out there every day. Keep it under 62 and they'll leave ya alone though.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    MDS has had several fun events at DSC, and hopefully there will be another. Nice place.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I guess instead of panicking I should spend 30 seconds on google. Delmarva sporting clays? Right in mardela springs on the way. I feel like I've heard good things, but since it is just sighting in...well I might have a few spare boxes of .223 for my AR for a little fun.

Thanks guys!

Please take a few other things to shoot to get your money's worth. They charge something like $30/per person per day. I love shooting there, but it ain't worth $30 to just sight in a rifle and leave. But then again, if that's your only option.......

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Please take a few other things to shoot to get your money's worth. They charge something like $30/per person per day. I love shooting there, but it ain't worth $30 to just sight in a rifle and leave. But then again, if that's your only option.......

It's $20 if you pay cash.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah it was $20 cash. Nice setup. First time I shot at 200yds AND 300. Much better time. With a proper check weld with my .308 I got it zeroed correctly. I shot PPU SP, Remington corlokt and Winchester power point all 150gr. The PPU shot a .8" group at 50yds with 3rd round going through the same hole as the first and the 2nd round being low right to make it .8". At 100yds it was about 1.5". Same deal, 2 rounds almost touching and one a little low right.

Winchester and Remington I only shot 50yd groups but Winchester made a 1.5" group at 50 and the Remington about 1".

Sticking with the PPU for now till I can try more expensive hunting ammo.

I shot two rounds at 200 and it was almost dead center point of aim on steel. Couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 inches off for them.

My AR-15 I leaned loves IMI m855. I was doing a lot of vertical stringing which I think was a combo of an 8lb trigger on it as well as crappy sand bags. The PPU .223 was a 4.5" group at 100yds about an inch wide and 4" tall. PPU m193 was 2.5" group at 100. Norma .223 was a 2.5" group also mostly vertical stringing. IMI m193 was a 2" group at 100. IMI m855 was a .5" 3 shot group. All the others were 5 shot groups. HALF AN INCH!!! So I shot a 5 shot group and it was 1.2" at 100yds. 4 rounds at half an inch and one round about an inch to the side of the center of that group. Holy shit.

Winchester power point 64gr .223 was a 2.5" group at 100 and federal powershok 64gr SP was little under 2" at 100yds.

Very happy with the AR and with the scope on it. I also put 10 down range at 200 and put them in about a 3-4" group at 200 shooting PPU m193. Right before I left after I cleaned up I said screw it, set back up and shot the rest of the PPU m193 I had with me, a further 10 rounds and all on the steel plate at 300 (not sure the plate sizes, 8x12" or something?). Looked like it grouped maybe 5 inches at 300.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    It's $20 if you pay cash.

Yeah it was $20 cash. Nice setup. First time I shot at 200yds AND 300. Much better time. With a proper check weld with my .308 I got it zeroed correctly. I shot PPU SP, Remington corlokt and Winchester power point all 150gr. The PPU shot a .8" group at 50yds with 3rd round going through the same hole as the first and the 2nd round being low right to make it .8". At 100yds it was about 1.5". Same deal, 2 rounds almost touching and one a little low right.

Winchester and Remington I only shot 50yd groups but Winchester made a 1.5" group at 50 and the Remington about 1".

Sticking with the PPU for now till I can try more expensive hunting ammo.

I shot two rounds at 200 and it was almost dead center point of aim on steel. Couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 inches off for them.

My AR-15 I leaned loves IMI m855. I was doing a lot of vertical stringing which I think was a combo of an 8lb trigger on it as well as crappy sand bags. The PPU .223 was a 4.5" group at 100yds about an inch wide and 4" tall. PPU m193 was 2.5" group at 100. Norma .223 was a 2.5" group also mostly vertical stringing. IMI m193 was a 2" group at 100. IMI m855 was a .5" 3 shot group. All the others were 5 shot groups. HALF AN INCH!!! So I shot a 5 shot group and it was 1.2" at 100yds. 4 rounds at half an inch and one round about an inch to the side of the center of that group. Holy shit.

Winchester power point 64gr .223 was a 2.5" group at 100 and federal powershok 64gr SP was little under 2" at 100yds.

Very happy with the AR and with the scope on it. I also put 10 down range at 200 and put them in about a 3-4" group at 200 shooting PPU m193. Right before I left after I cleaned up I said screw it, set back up and shot the rest of the PPU m193 I had with me, a further 10 rounds and all on the steel plate at 300 (not sure the plate sizes, 8x12" or something?). Looked like it grouped maybe 5 inches at 300.

My bad. Don't know where I got $30 from. Glad you had a good time. DSC is a pretty cool place.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah it was a lot of fun and now I may have an addiction for shooting steel. So much fun.

My buddy accidentally shot off one of the steel plates though. His .308 hit it right on the bolt head and sheered it off.

tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    Thanks for that tip for the range in Willards. My wife and I send a lot of time in OC during the Spring and Summer (full time camper at Castaways) and are always looking to shoot while we are there. Plan to hold HQL classes occasionally on Saturdays in Berlin also at Absolute Investigative company...

tj

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom