What's the fastest you have sold a gun after purchase? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    It wasn't a gun but I bought a .22 conversion kit direct from Beretta for my model 92. The day I took it to the range I had so many malfunctions with it regardless of the ammo brand, I almost threw it in the trash can at the range. I decided to sent that pos back to Beretta and got a refund.

I did something similar. I bought a .22 AR conversion kit. Seemed like a good idea based on the price of .22 ammo versus .223 ammo. Used it once, did not function worth a darn, up for sale the next day.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    First pistol. S&W mdl 39-2.
    "Jam-O-Matic".

Bought it. Cleaned it. Lubed it. Took it to the range.
    Shooting Remington 115 gr ammo. It wouldn't shoot 3 rounds before jamming.

Cleaned it. Sent it back to S&W.
    Came back two weeks later.

Same routine. Clean. Lube. Shoot. Jams. Can't get 2 rounds to fire without jam.
    Sent it back.

Got it back from S&W. My Dad's co-worker wanted THAT pistol.
    Sold. Sold it for exactly what I paid for it. $239.00.
    Had it a total of about 8 weeks.

Used the $$$ to buy a S&W mdl 19-4 Combat Magnum.
    Still have it. 15,000 rounds through it, and still accurate.

Norinco MAK-90.
    Bought it and a Russian SKS, the same day, at a gunshow in Upper Marlboro.
    Paid $159.00 for each one.

A friend of a friend was supposed to go with us to that show, but, he had to work. (P.G. Police officer.)

Three weeks after I bought it, he made me an offer I could NOT refuse.
    He offered me three times what I paid for it.

Opened the safe. Took the MAK-90 and it's original box out, and sold it.
    Never taken out of the box. Gone.
    Don't miss it, either.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The only guy that I've purchased that I've sold was a Smith & Wesson Model 27 from the early 1980s with an 8" barrel. I think I only owned it for a few years. I sold it for two reasons. One, I didn't know at the time, but when I bought it the idea was to send it to S&W for a new shorter barrel and then I found out that S&W no longer offered that service - I'd have to either find a barrel somewhere, or have it cut down, neither of which I felt like messing with. The other reason I sold it was because when the silly-ass FSA2013 got passed I wanted to get a good polymer framed pistol, but didn't have the funds at the time, and it was the most valuable of the guns I owned that I was willing to part with for that endeavor.

All in all I kind of wish I hadn't sold it. Although the barrel was too long to really make it practical, it was an absolute tack driver at the range - probably the most accurate pistol I owned, and in retrospect, it was just a cool gun - a big enough frame to shoot hottest full-house .357 loads you could throw at it, and just hella accurate.

I sold it to a member here - I don't know if he still has it, but he's got a heck of a pistola in his collection if he does.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    One day I saw Lou at Shooters (RIP) buy a Springfield 1906 for $100 and sell it for $600 within 30 seconds of the seller walking out the door. It was a beater of a gun but had an early flat top stock that was very valuable.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I had Vepr (#2) 7.62x54r, when they had the squareback receiver and firewood stocks, and an adjustable gas system. Wife had to had surgery a couple months later, and since it was winter never got to shoot it. Sold it to pay medical bills.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The only time I sell guns is to make room in the safe for new guns. First world problems.

At this point I've sold more than I currently own. Some stuff just never feels right. I'm not a wheel gun guy, but have tried it twice. Bolt actions... meh. I wish I had a buddy with a large collection I could shoot, clean, and assess. Sometimes you just have to own something for a while to decide if it floats your boat.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think I had a Model 10 for about two weeks before I put it up for sale. I realized that if I'm going to carry a full sized revolver, I'd rather have it in .357 versus .38. I ended up replacing it with a .40 S&W revolver. I have plans to get the cylinder bored out to 10mm.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've sold several M1 Garands to a friend in a matter of hours when he wanted the rifle to fill a niche in his substantial collection.

I received an Ithaca 1911A1 last year at a local FFL and immediately consigned it. It failed to sell in 6 weeks so I put it up for sale on GunBroker, and while it was listed there, I got an offer offline from FuBarSir, a TV personality in CO, and sold it to him. Among friends and relatives, I sell at cost. Otherwise, there might be a small profit involved. Won't ever get rich moving this inventory around.

I have a considerable inventory of weapons and firearms and much of it is for sale now after learning that my lungs are in very sad shape(going to blame it on Agent Orange exposure).

I consign pistols with Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe and list the Garands, rifles and shotguns on GunBroker and also sell FTF at AGC on Marriottsville Road. Consigned a Ruger Security Six revolver, SS, 4" and a Taurus model 85 2" snub nose, both .357, at Tyler yesterday

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I've sold several M1 Garands to a friend in a matter of hours when he wanted the rifle to fill a niche in his substantial collection.

I received an Ithaca 1911A1 last year at a local FFL and immediately consigned it. It failed to sell in 6 weeks so I put it up for sale on GunBroker, and while it was listed there, I got an offer offline from FuBarSir, a TV personality in CO, and sold it to him. Among friends and relatives, I sell at cost. Otherwise, there might be a small profit involved. Won't ever get rich moving this inventory around.

I have a considerable inventory of weapons and firearms and much of it is for sale now after learning that my lungs are in very sad shape(going to blame it on Agent Orange exposure).

I consign pistols with Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe and list the Garands, rifles and shotguns on GunBroker and also sell FTF at AGC on Marriottsville Road. Consigned a Ruger Security Six revolver, SS, 4" and a Taurus model 85 2" snub nose, both .357, at Tyler yesterday

Lew--Ranger63

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues. My prayers are with you. Thank you for serving our country.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    6 hrs. 3 years ago I bought 2 shotguns, a Remington 870 and Mossberg 500 at a Black Friday sale while visiting family-- $149 ea.. I only wanted the Mossberg so I went back to the hotel, posted the Remington in the classifieds for $200 and got an almost instantly response.
    I think both of us benefitted on that deal.

mka2278

Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not a big hunter but all my friends that do hunt swear by their SBE's.

Love my sbe. Use it for everything. Hunting, clays whatever. Easy to clean too.

Trying my hand at this selling thing now. Want to get a new Browning but need some cash to make it happen, so something has to go, unfortunately.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico

Lew--Ranger63

I am sorry to hear this as well. I will pray for you and your health. Good luck with your selling and thanks for your service. God bless.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I've never sold a firearm. If I end up with one that has ergonomic, reliability, or accuracy issues, I choose to see that as an opportunity to tinker with it. So far it has worked out okay.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Traded in a WWII toggle handle Luger for a S&W Model 57. Why? Because ATF denied my request to bring the Luger from Germany (where I was stationed) back to the states. Makes me sick to my stomach since a like Luger is now worth about $2,000 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom