• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    That does seem unusual, although ear pro is kind of a rule everywhere. I'm working this Sunday there. If you want to come out and shoot on me, feel free. PM me if you want to come out. I'll cover your range fees and targets. I get nothing out of it, but think you should give it another shot there since i think it is a good place to shoot and the people i have met there are quality people with a lot of experience. let me know if you are interested in giving it a second look.

Thanks for the offer, my dog just had surgery today so I will be staying home with him for the next week or so. I may get out there one day. Thanks for offering to make up for it. I think I may have just ran into someone who was having a bad day. Like I said my brother has been there and hasn't had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    Thanks for the offer, my dog just had surgery today so I will be staying home with him for the next week or so. I may get out there one day. Thanks for offering to make up for it. I think I may have just ran into someone who was having a bad day. Like I said my brother has been there and hasn't had any issues

pm me if you are interested in coming out sometime. hope your dog recovers well from surgery.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I have been to Cresap once and will never go back. Maybe they had the b squad working that day, the safety officers were extremely rude. I understand they encounter a lot of people that don't have experience and have to act accordingly to ensure safety. There was actually a guy next to me had an AR that he had never fired and didn't even know how to operate it. Rules don't really bother me, but don't be disrespectful to people just because you're a range safety officer. You don't know my background handling firearms and I don't know yours, treat people how you would like to be treated. If this was someone's first time shooting; this would be there first impression and could turn them off from the sport.

Exactly and totally agree!!! They open to the public on Sunday was part of the program goal to promote gun culture/safety.

One time I saw a guy popped open his Sks bayonet, and an old SO approached him said something to him not allowing the bayonet extended? I was shocked.

Also another stupid rule was that I over heard you can't place more than one self-adhesive targets even though the targets are only 6"

I can go on and on but I am glad that I am not the only one heard or experienced it.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD

Same thing right here I have been there quit sometimes and mostly are pleasant. However, the stuffs I have overheard and saw was just kind of odd.

Hope your dog have a speedy recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom