• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Finished my first AR last week. Went to the range today to see how she would shoot and am very pleased. 120 round and functioned flawlessly. Here are a couple pics. Iron sights at 25 yards, don't have a scope yet and can't see much past 25 yards these days.

Parts list
    Anderson Lower
    Ruger 4.5lb 2 stage trigger
    Sanders Armory 18" Hbar upper 1 in 8 twist chrome lined
    Magpul MOE SL stock
    BCG from Surplus ammo

e6uc92.jpg
    243makx.jpg

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Thanks guys.
    I have a 2x7 leupold i'm going to put on it and see what I can do at 100 yrds.
    I really like the Ruger trigger for the money.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Nice looking build and good shooting. It looks a lot like my just assembled first build. Actually, my son did the building, I just picked the major parts: Palmetto upper, Spike lower and Wyndom stock. He got the Del-Ton lower parts kit and the square, pop-up sights (don't know the brand) and other odds & ends. Interestingly, she shot very well when he sighted her in at 25 yards with .223 ammo. When I got to the range with my Federal 5.56, things went south pretty quickly. She does not like the Federal 5.56 at all. At 100 yards with .223, from a rest, I could keep the groups inside about a tennis ball size. With the 5.56, most stayed on the paper, but the groups, if you could call them groups, were basket ball size. We even switched loads and mags so I didn't know which I was shooting, and the results stayed the same. Pretty much the same when my son shot it. I've never had a gun with such a dis-preference for a particular type of ammo. Naturally, my modest ammo stockpile is all 5.56. Looks like I'll be getting some .223 and doing a bit more practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom