• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I commend you for not killing one of Mother Nature's interesting freaks, taking pictures of it, and posting them here.

Let it live. So others may enjoy it.

#BDM
    Agreed!
    An article I read a while back said they are more rare than albino and on average only 5 are harvested across the US annually. Pretty awesome to see one though!
    They are very rare and thus the above statement holds even more water... :thumbsup:

jaybee

Ultimate Member

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I wouldn't kill it. Maybe it will reproduce and produce a decent size buck.

Piebald deer have various degrees of white on them. They are considered genetically inferior. One of my hunting buddies saw one and decided he just had to kill it. It was the size of my beagle/coonhound mix. :shrug:

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Bad luck to shoot a albino or black deer. Hell I won't shoot a piebald now. A guy I hugged with shot a albino buck and the next year or two he lost his business, wife, truck, and three houses. Then another guy I hunt with shot a piebald and lost his job and was kick out of our hunting club (for doing stupid stuff) the following year.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    I just gotta ask..

Bad luck to shoot a albino or black deer. Hell I won't shoot a piebald now. A guy I hugged with shot a albino buck and the next year or two he lost his business, wife, truck, and three houses. Then another guy I hunt with shot a piebald and lost his job and was kick out of our hunting club (for doing stupid stuff) the following year.

mark ..

I just can't not ask.. you said "A guy I hugged with (repeat HUGGED) with" shot a albino buck then lost his business, wife,truck and three houses.

Then another guy you "hunt" (hugged:innocent0) shot a piebald, lost his job and got kicked out of the hunt club " for doing stupid stuff".

And your blaming all that on unusual looking deer...OK....whatever..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    mark ..

I just can't not ask.. you said "A guy I hugged with (repeat HUGGED) with" shot a albino buck then lost his business, wife,truck and three houses.

Then another guy you "hunt" (hugged:innocent0) shot a piebald, lost his job and got kicked out of the hunt club " for doing stupid stuff".

And your blaming all that on unusual looking deer...OK....whatever..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Lol hunted with

Doofy_13

Dec 20, 2015
    Sykesville
    I killed a piebald last year on Liberty and it didn't have any negative effects on my life or luck. Getting half body mount done. Should have it back in the next couple of months but my taxi does amazing work so I'm not pushin.

I would love to stick a melanistic deer. That would be a whole body mount for sure.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Stick a feeder out there and see if she comes back. Not to shoot, but to watch. If her friends come along, then harvest one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom