How do you carry your shooting supplies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    How do I carry my shooting supplies???

I grip them by the husk, or have them suspended between two swallows on a line :-)

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 14-lb rifle!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    At Oxford Gun Club a lot of people repurpose jogging strollers They can hold several long guns and plenty of ammo.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Rack & Roll needs to add his input in this thread. The RSO at Heritage during the Dottrio shoot was just shaking his head at how much stuff he had in his lane.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Radio Flyer (no kids version)

Attachments

• Radio Flyer.jpg
      Radio Flyer.jpg
      28.2 KB · Views: 166

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    If I'm shooting with SNI (Bolts Rock can attest to this) Her guns on my back in a carrying bag with two straps like a bookbag.
    Left Arm draped over shoulder. Her range bag (targets, ammo, drinks, stapler, 500 staples, tape, cookies if she's feeling charitable)
    Right Hand: Target stand assembly per AGC rules, and occasionally extra ammo.
    Left hand: my ammo can with loaded mags, holster, stapler, tape, folded up targets and 10x monocular.
    Gun (if pistol) is worn appendix and I unload the gun and clear the chamber on the line. If rifle I sling it over my back.

He forgot to mention that if SNI's youngest is along his name becomes Donkey.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    My health took a significant turn for the worse this year, so I am unable to tote most equipment and the guns any longer. But, I still shoot at the AGC ranges, and I get great help from the AGC staff. I reward them in a variety of ways even though they expect nothing.

Lots of good ideas have been offered here. I've had good luck carrying ammo in smaller plastic handled baskets. They are easy to load or unload wherever you are, and you can see at a glance what you have with you.

I live in a fast changing hood in West Laurel, and I often take the guns in after dark to limit who sees what. All who live on this court, however, know exactly my passion for the sport, and I trust them to a point, but I do not trust their friends who visit on a regular basis. It was not this way when we moved in in 1984.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom