• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    A friend and I went an MSP barracks today to do the transfer for a Walther P1. We are both Marylanders and both have C&R licenses. The officer told us we now have to do it online and get a PIN number. I've done that for a non-C&R handgun, but not for a C&R. Anyway, we logged onto a pc and I began a 77R using the HQL exemption for curios & relics. We filled out all of the information and submitted it. There was no place to enter the any information about the firearm or show C&R license number (I did attach a copy of my license). Now what?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    A Maryland C&R licensee can go to PA and buy a C&R handgun, right?
    A Maryland resident can go to PA and sell a C&R handgun to a C&R licensee, right?

So my answer is: Who knows?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    within the state, C&R FFL03 does not come into play.
    C&R for MD handgun xfer just means if the pistol is C&R the transferee does not need HQL.

Xfers outside the state of MD or across state lines is where C&R FFL03 comes into play

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Several opinions on legal matters with no settled case law to establish precedent so the question becomes "Do you want to become the test case?".

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Meanwhile, Maryland does not care about the Federal Firearms License, and it has no bearing on this transfer, which is why they don't want your FFL license number. The pistol's C&R status just exempts the buyer, any buyer, from needing the HQL.

Meanwhile:
    Can two non-licensees meet in international waters and do a transfer? We need a Sea Lawyer.

Jul 1, 2012
    OK, but Threeband was talking about the FFL-03 not having any meaning.
    I've never done a MSP barracks transfer, didn't realize you didn't need to fill out a 4473.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    IF you think about it, it makes sense why its not required when person to person at MSP. 4473 is a federal form for FFL Dealers to Persons. 77r is a MD imposed crutch imposed by the state.

Now, if the seller or Buyer have an FFL03 and even if done in state, they still must enter the transfer into their log books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom