I would LOVE to hear this myself.
Old May 16th, 2018, 07:30 PM #32
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbird7282 View Post
Worth a Sh*t has to be the worst run FFL in the entire state. Idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they haven't crossed the threshold of suing this forum so there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSR View Post
I've never seen that thread before (probably because of the name and my brain never made the leap to the actual name). I need to drop my story of how they accused me of lying on the 4473 and told me they were reporting me to the ATF.

Old May 16th, 2018, 07:37 PM #33
Obsessed Member

Obsessed Member

I don't know anything first hand about W A S, except I received my Utah and Fl CCW via their classes. However, I hear a crap ton of complaints. Many involve teaching or informing others about Md laws that either don't exist or which they misrepresent. dblas and I had a discussion about this on facebook several months back. I read someone blasting them and asked for specifics. The other party never clarified with specific examples, but dblas gave me a few specifics. Since then, I have heatd quite a few complaints of all kinds.

Oh yeah....standard cap mags can be pinned or blocked to only accept 10 rounds or 10 rounders can be purchased separately from the gun. Otherwise many pre 2013 handguns would be impossible to sell.
Member Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club
Maryland Designated Collector
C&R 03 FFL
Retired Anne Arundel County Dept of Information Technology
Sales Associate at Scott's Gunsmithing

"They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings as eagles"
sxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:04 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
Well they haven't crossed the threshold of suing this forum so there's that.

Well that's true, forgot about that moron. Maybe they're tied for first, lol.
rbird7282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:10 PM #35
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
Quote:
I've never seen that thread before (probably because of the name and my brain never made the leap to the actual name). I need to drop my story of how they accused me of lying on the 4473 and told me they were reporting me to the ATF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plinkerton View Post
Do tell the entire story, enquireing minds want to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaregrouper View Post
I would LOVE to hear this myself.
Standing in line to hear this one ...

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:30 PM #36

MSP Barracks is not automatically the best choice .That process requires buyer and seller to meet in person twice .

If the B & S live far apart , or at least one of them has unusual schedule of days or hours worked , that can be a pia . In those cases using the services if brick & mortar FFL , the buyer and seller need only meet once . A cpl more $ , but far better than travel expenses from any combination of Eastern Shore, Western , or Southern Md .
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:05 AM #37
Knight who say Ni

Knight who say Ni

Yeah, there is no requirement to sell a firearm with a magazine. Its just on you to decide if the way its configured is worth the price. I know I've purchased multiple handguns w/o mags and its never been a problem. There isn't even a question on the 77r about magazines so Maryland doesn't care enough about their existence to collect information on them.

There is no Maryland law that requires the seller to have an HQL. FSA 2013 states the HQL is required to purchase, rent or receive a firearm. To comply with federal requirements, the seller just has to provide a government issued ID so the FFL can enter the firearm into their books. But as we all know, "their house, their rules".

If you've never watched the FFL complete their part of the electronic 77r, they actually have to verify your Name, Address, HQL and a forth item that I cannot remember. They cannot even proceed without checking the box that says they verified it. That is why you have to provide the HQL and ID (and change of address if needed) during the paperwork submission process. Over on the 4473, they have to enter information from your ID.

At the end of the day, I agree with what everyone else here has been saying, either find another FFL or if it works for you and the seller, head to the state police.

Collection? Wouldn't you like to know
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 10:04 AM #38

Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, went to VA this weekend to buy a new NFA toy (picture to be posted in the picture thread soon).

I accidentally went into this store before ever reading about it (along with Fox Firearms, sorry guys) because a girl I was seeing was working in Hellas down the street. Ended up deciding to start the wait on a 1911 and filled out the paperwork. Only a few people on this board know me in person, but I'll tell you guys now that I'm not white: I'm Scottish-Filipino and a lot of the time people can't tell what my racial background is. So anyway I've finished the 4473 and the guy is looking it over. Suddenly he gets belligerent and starts lecturing me that lying on the form is perjury and I'd get thrown in jail. At this point I have no clue what the hell he's going on about and can't get a word in. Finally I ask what I filled in wrong (because after being brow-beaten like that I assumed it was my fault) he showed me the stupid Hispanic/Latino - non H/L (which I had filled as non-hispanic/latino as I'm Asian). I was pissed. At that point I was done and told him I wasn't buying the thing and to tear up my form (which at the time I didn't know was actually illegal) and he told me he was calling the ATF. My response: "Great, you have my info, I'm looking forward to talking to them". Haven't bought a 1911 since.

Last edited by GeorgeSSR; May 21st, 2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Clarified the checkbox answer
GeorgeSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 11:47 AM #39
The Leatherstocking

The Leatherstocking

Quote:
Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, went to VA this weekend to buy a new NFA toy (picture to be posted in the picture thread soon).

I accidentally went into this store before ever reading about it (along with Fox Firearms, sorry guys) because a girl I was seeing was working in Hellas down the street. Ended up deciding to start the wait on a 1911 and filled out the paperwork. Only a few people on this board know me in person, but I'll tell you guys now that I'm not white: I'm Scottish-Filipino and a lot of the time people can't tell what my racial background is. So anyway I've finished the 4473 and the guy is looking it over. Suddenly he gets belligerent and starts lecturing me that lying on the form is perjury and I'd get thrown in jail. At this point I have no clue what the hell he's going on about and can't get a word in. Finally I ask what I filled in wrong (because after being brow-beaten like that I assumed it was my fault) he showed me the stupid Hispanic/Latino - non H/L (which I had filled as non-hispanic/latino as I'm Asian). I was pissed. At that point I was done and told him I wasn't buying the thing and to tear up my form (which at the time I didn't know was actually illegal) and he told me he was calling the ATF. My response: "Great, you have my info, I'm looking forward to talking to them". Haven't bought a 1911 since.

What a jackass. Of course, given who it was, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Funnily enough, I have a good friend who is Irish (dad) and Filipino (mom). He gets "but you're Mexican, right?" all the damn time.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2018, 01:12 PM #40

Does the US Census Bureau or other US Gov't entity have an official ruling on Philiphines? On the surface it would indeed appear to be heavily shaped by Spain .

Various forms of possession/ Colony of Spain from mid 1500's , until we obtained it in the Spanish- American War .

Spanish was an official language until 1987 .

In the early days of Philiphine Census taking , the residents were not just allowed, but actively encouraged to adopt to Adopt Spanish Surnames.

At one point , the population of the main populated islands were 1/3 pure honky Spaniards .

The Philippine Colonial Gov'ts paid economic incentives for intermarriage between ethnic groups , and Spaniards were in the highest demand , by factor of up to 10 .
Philipines have way more influences and cultural connection to Spain, than a lot of the Caribbean region countries considered Hispanic .

But it is ignorant is equate all Hispanics with "Mexicans" . Maryland in particular have Hispanics originating from all over Latin America , with no country having dominance.
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues