• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owgriffin

May 15, 2012
    apparently it was not a felony to carry concealed prior to this law. I am moving to another state to hopefully stop paying all the fees, taxes, and training courses required in the peoples republic of Md.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    that's pretty friggin' cool! maybe a better word is refreshing! law abiding citizens aren't infringed in the least and aren't penalized for the violent acts of criminals.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I like South Dakota. I could move there, considering its in the South, it won't get cold.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But seriously , a survey popped up blocking all but first paragraph . Could someone report on the fine print of their Con Carry law ? Age , non- residents ? Off limits ?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    No mention of age. It does specifically say, in the short article, residents AND visitors.

Always wise to double check though

But seriously , a survey popped up blocking all but first paragraph . Could someone report on the fine print of their Con Carry law ? Age , non- residents ? Off limits ?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Too bad the geniuses in Annapolis can't figure out that the crime problem in Baltimore and the rest of the state would drop significantly if they would pass the same. That would make the state much more appearing to companies and would give them deeper pockets they could snake their little hands into.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Too bad the geniuses in Annapolis can't figure out that the crime problem in Baltimore and the rest of the state would drop significantly if they would pass the same. That would make the state much more appearing to companies and would give them deeper pockets they could snake their little hands into.

Why are we so convinced we are so much smarter? Are these folks really that dumb (ie, not as smart as you)? Or are there other forces at play? Is being smart the only matter of making a decision?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I can only imagine the homicide and robbery crimes in this dangerous state now that guns are legal!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I can only imagine the homicide and robbery crimes in this dangerous state now that guns are legal!!!

The irony is that outside of a few sketchy neighborhoods in Sioux Falls, there is really no reason you would need to carry. But then, you also have a couple of counties where the sheriff or 'his deputy' respond from home if you have an emergency, mostly a DIY law enforcement environment.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Why are we so convinced we are so much smarter? Are these folks really that dumb (ie, not as smart as you)? Or are there other forces at play? Is being smart the only matter of making a decision?

Because they continue to push the same crap, and it continues to make things worse.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

The answer to that is simple. The wrong demographic, those whose votes reliably put our overlords in office year after year, would not benefit from something like Constitutional Carry.
    That phrase soon to banned on social media as hate speech.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I've been to SD a few times and have seen most of the state. Not a single place anywhere that I'd feel the need to carry. But good for them!

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've been to SD a few times and have seen most of the state. Not a single place anywhere that I'd feel the need to carry. But good for them!

There's no magic place where threats can't exist and in reality, if you had the ability to predict you would never feel the need to carry because you could avoid issues anywhere you went. I get what you're saying and being LE there are occasions (although few) where I don't carry but that's usually just a matter of comfort at the time. The long and short is there are sh!tbags everywhere, criminals travel just like you can/do, and mentally unstable people exist in every town no matter how small.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Again, why does that make them not smart? Or are they smart enough and winning? Assuming they are dumb might just be a reflection...

Yes I understand your meaning, and yes they are smart enough to keep getting reelected and line their pockets until they get caught.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've been to SD a few times and have seen most of the state. Not a single place anywhere that I'd feel the need to carry.

It's a beautiful state, and I've passed through a fair bit of it. But I can tell you there are places you definitely want to be able to have that bit of extra security. Local friends there were very anxious to make sure we didn't ever stop again for fuel where we did in Fort Pierre. And we had an extremely dangerous feeling stop on the edge of the Pine Ridge Reservation, where poverty, drugs and cultural friction can add up to some tense circumstance when an out of state SUV drives through, usually carrying hunting dogs, shotguns, cash, and people not on familiar ground with their radar turned way down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom