• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I think I've put 20 rounds through this one. Lives in the back of the safe. I believe it's an all matchy-matchy Russian-made rifle from 1952. Nice and clean, shoots well (I mean, other than how short that stock is!). I believe I paid $75 for it. It's the only thing I've got that will shoot 7.62x39, so it stays! Especially for what it cost me. It was a goofy impulse at the time, but now I'm glad it's lurking in the collection.

That’s a hell of a buy at $75. Worth much more today. My issue with SKS rifles is they multiply in the safe very quickly.

I put out an ad a couple months ago that I wanted one and I now have 5..... it never ends.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I think I've put 20 rounds through this one. Lives in the back of the safe. I believe it's an all matchy-matchy Russian-made rifle from 1952. Nice and clean, shoots well (I mean, other than how short that stock is!). I believe I paid $75 for it. It's the only thing I've got that will shoot 7.62x39, so it stays! Especially for what it cost me. It was a goofy impulse at the time, but now I'm glad it's lurking in the collection.
    That’s a really nice rifle.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.

Love that color. What a great impulse.

Feb 28, 2013
    That’s a hell of a buy at $75. Worth much more today. My issue with SKS rifles is they multiply in the safe very quickly.

I put out an ad a couple months ago that I wanted one and I now have 5..... it never ends.

I got me a Russky and that’s all I really need since thems is the originals.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I know the feeling, I bought a Chinese one 2 years ago so I would have a 7.62x39 rifle....now I have a Yugo M59 (early pre grenade launcher upgrade) and an Albanian that I am in the process of de-cosmolining and cleaning up....still want a Russian, and any others I can get my hands on...they do multiply...

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I've got a deal working now. Thank you all for your input. I'll now have the three russian "sisters" 91/30, AK, and SKS.

(uh oh, i am thinking about another now too).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I know the feeling, I bought a Chinese one 2 years ago so I would have a 7.62x39 rifle....now I have a Yugo M59 (early pre grenade launcher upgrade) and an Albanian that I am in the process of de-cosmolining and cleaning up....still want a Russian, and any others I can get my hands on...they do multiply...

Yeah, not sure what it is about them. They aren’t the best guns or best made guns. But it’s the wood and steel, milled, semi-auto, some history behind them and inexpensive enough.

When I am going to the range a lot of the time I’ll look at my SKS, my Garand and my M1 carbine and more often than not it’s the SKS that I grab.

Though it the ammo was all the same price I’d probably grab my Garand every time.

Hell, maybe that’s part of it too. Damned cheap to feed for an SKS!

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I've got a deal working now. Thank you all for your input. I'll now have the three russian "sisters" 91/30, AK, and SKS.

(uh oh, i am thinking about another now too).

Throw in a Vz/SA58/Vz2008 for good measure, too! :P

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    AIM Surplus has them $439-$379 now.

0107752b-716e-48f8-90d7-145adaca1f3c.jpg

I am SO tempted...

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Can anyone post a link to good stripper clips for my new (to me) SKS.

So don't be tempted by "new" clips, they are junk and don't work.

I acquired some "BXN" clips a while back. They work exceptionally well.

However very hard to find. Checked fleabay, had some but very expensive.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I’ve been wanting 762/39 something and both have been listed locally lately. 2 very nice sks one yugo and a Chinese. Great shape. 440 and 400 respectively. And one older / rougher for 360.

And a few aks not sure which model, not real Russian though. Maybe a norinco. Forget the price though.

Unfortunately too much for married with child guy. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom