• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Congratulations! Hogan has officially VETOED HB 1343 / SB 1000.

Thanks to the hard work from Jeff Hulbert, Ray Dukes, Tim Otwell, Bob Arthur, Vance Webster, Jamie Wink, Larry Friedman, and many other people. Hogan has felt the pressure.

Attached is the official letter from Hogan.

Attachments

• HB1343.SB1000 - Handgun Permit Review Board.pdf
      115.6 KB · Views: 1,660

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I am glad for this, as short lived as the veto will be (they’ll override it at the next session), just because it might rub some Bloomberg worker bees the wrong way. But the MSP can still just say “nope” and kick people upstairs to the non-friendly-to-permit-holders OAH.

I’ll take the fleeting moral quasi-victory, but all our energy needs to go into support for those trying to litigate the real cure.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I wonder if he was surrounded by pink clad women when he vetoed it. Lol what was the law he signed last year lol.

Thanks everyone for their efforts.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm actually thoroughly shocked and pleasantly surprised. I wonder how much longer I have to wait now? It's only been ~6 months so far.

Good for him, about time he grew a set.

220px-Folding_chair_at_a_beach_house%2C_Auckland_-_0999_%28cropped%29.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well written letter.

At this point, the Handgun Permit Review Board is just a piece of political symbolism with both parties arguing over something inconsequential since the MSP can appeal each and every HPRB decision to OAH. The MSP probably has deeper pockets than most citizens and can afford to appeal everything.

What would be really nice is if Hogan were to instruct MSP to relax the "good and substantial"review so more applicants receive their permit AND instruct the MSP to only appeal the most grievous HPRB decisions.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm actually thoroughly shocked and pleasantly surprised. I wonder how much longer I have to wait now? It's only been ~6 months so far.

Good for him, about time he grew a set.

220px-Folding_chair_at_a_beach_house%2C_Auckland_-_0999_%28cropped%29.jpg

The end result is still the same, and he even says it in his letter. MSP can still appeal to OAH.

This is all about political posturing. Didn't the General Assembly take some sort of power away from Hogan or Franchot lately, or at least try to do so. Was it liquor licensing? Again, the General Assembly is just pissed at Hogan and Franchot because they tell it like it is. So, both sides are trying to show who has the biggest set of WORKING balls (i.e., who has the last word).

Now, time to see if the General Assembly has the biggest set of working balls to override the veto.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't mind them playing the bullschit games of appealing every single one. Having the board shut down was just an obvious power grab by the State, since the MSP seem to do no wrong in a lot of peoples eyes,.... I like it when they get the dicks smacked a little.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    AND instruct the MSP to only appeal the most grievous HPRB decisions.

Such as ... ? By MSP’s standards, every reversal or modification is grievous. By rational standards, they haven’t made a single bad call that I’m aware of. Unless Hogan gave them AND ENFORCED specific guidance on what would qualify for sensible use of the OAH, the MSP would just continue with the vague, hand-wavy capriciousness as usual.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    The end result is still the same, and he even says it in his letter. MSP can still appeal to OAH.

This is all about political posturing. Didn't the General Assembly take some sort of power away from Hogan or Franchot lately, or at least try to do so. Was it liquor licensing? Again, the General Assembly is just pissed at Hogan and Franchot because they tell it like it is. So, both sides are trying to show who has the biggest set of WORKING balls (i.e., who has the last word).

Now, time to see if the General Assembly has the biggest set of working balls to override the veto.

Exactly. The veto was purely symbolic because the bill was a slap in the face to the Governor and that is why he vetoed it, not because he suddenly saw the light and became Pro-2A.

The governor's appointees still sit without Senate approval, therefore no hearings can be held without all the members. All appeals will sit in limbo until January, when they will override the veto as the first point of business and it will have just been a 6-month sh*t show.

Politics as usual in the People's Republik.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm glad Larry found a pair in his sock drawer, but MSP LD is sending everyone to OAH anyway, so it's effectively just another delay on the road to infringement.

Had he done something to keep OAH out of the loop, that would have been a worthwhile effort. But I doubt the MDGA would have let him get away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom