• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Theres a annual military vehicle show and flea market at Cal Ripken Stadium on May 9th - 11th. Has anyone ever gone to this show? What's the turn out like?

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    It’s a cool show. I went a couple years ago, on a Saturday. They start wrapping up kinda early for a Saturday, but it was definitely worth the drive. I’ve heard it’s better to go on Thursday or Friday.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    The show is put on by the MVPA - Military Vehicle Preservation Association. 46th annual year for it. Thurs. May 9 to Sat. May 11 2019. Military jeep parts etc. You never know what you may see there. Vendors and individual sellers there. It used to be a lot bigger. Still good though. Free no charge to enter. http://www.washingtonbluegray.com/

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's a good show just to see some of these historic vehicles and displays, however it's rained the last 2 or possibly 3 years. A lot of the folks won't set up when it rains, so if the weather is clear, hopefully you'll see a lot more this year than last year.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    My family hasn’t missed a show in 20yrs. It’s not as big as it was back then it seems but it’s still fun going to see the vehicles and checking out some good military surplus. I will be there Saturday.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    The Military Vehicle Show at Aberdeen is the oldest military vehicle show in the country. It used to be held on Aberdeen Proving Grounds. After 9/11 APG became a closed post the club that runs the show had to move off post. While it isn’t as large as it used to be, there is still a lot see.

Those that setup start arriving on Wednesday. The public days are Thursday thru Saturday. The best days to see the show are Thursday and Friday. Many of the vehicles that are driven to the show don’t have a have a high cruising speed. Therefore, as already mentioned many of the participants start to leave Saturday morning to get home before dark.

There is a display area for vehicles that are entered for awards. Many people just park their vehicles in the swap meet area.
    There are vendors that sell just about anything related to vehicles, clothing, militaria, you name it.

It is held at Cal Ripken Stadium, just exit 95 onto Rt 22W then make a right at the first light, can’t miss it.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    Have gone to all of 'em for the last decade or so. Definitely don't wait for the weekend as they roll out early. For sure not a gun-centered show and no guns for sale but a decent supply of gun parts especially for military type stuff. Plus, it's free parking - free entry so you really cant lose.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I recommend it. I've gone for the last five years or so. Like somebody said above, it always rains at least one day. There's usually a lot of restoration stuff, and a lot of other things too. Last year, I missed a Russian WWII helmet for either $15 or $17 (I didn't want to walk around with it, and they were all sold out when I came back). I've bought some clothes, but they've all shrunk over the years. One year, I bought a rolling tool cabinet for $25, and wheeled it around the lot like a street person with a shopping cart. I think Friday is the best day: they pack up early Saturday. I'm planning to go Friday.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    One year, I bought a rolling tool cabinet for $25, and wheeled it around the lot like a street person with a shopping cart. I think Friday is the best day: they pack up early Saturday. I'm planning to go Friday.

The M931A2 tractor, XM971 semi-trailer, and the M149A2 water buffalo are pressure washed. The tractor still needs fueled. Then some final packing. I’ll be in the lower section, just look for the 36’ semi.

Oddway Otts, If you happen to buy another tool cabinet you can leave it near my stuff till you are ready to leave.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    The M931A2 tractor, XM971 semi-trailer, and the M149A2 water buffalo are pressure washed. The tractor still needs fueled. Then some final packing. I’ll be in the lower section, just look for the 36’ semi.

Oddway Otts, If you happen to buy another tool cabinet you can leave it near my stuff till you are ready to leave.

Thanks, but I doubt I'll buy anything big, but who knows? The wife appropriated the tool cabinet for a garden cabinet.

I'll be sure to stop by. :thumbsup:

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I have yet to miss a show since I've lived up that way. It's definitely best to go on Thursday or Friday. Some folks are still there Saturday AM, but it's less than half full by 1000. I have seen lots of militaria, bayonets, firearm parts, and lots and lots of military vehicle parts.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have yet to miss a show since I've lived up that way. It's definitely best to go on Thursday or Friday. Some folks are still there Saturday AM, but it's less than half full by 1000. I have seen lots of militaria, bayonets, firearm parts, and lots and lots of military vehicle parts.

I know that this may be a long shot, but have you seen any military plane parts? Thanks.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    I know that this may be a long shot, but have you seen any military plane parts? Thanks.

Over the years I have seen aircraft seats, cockpit instruments, aircraft radios, even a tail hook one year. One gentleman used to trailer a Huey for display. It is one of those shows that you never know what someone may bring.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    What time does the show open on Saturday? In all the publicity/websites I’ve seen a start time is not listed on Saturday.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    If you are going to go on sat. I would get there by 8 am. I go on thur. or fri. and get there early 8 am. On thur. and fri. the sellers start closing up around 6 pm.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What time does the show open on Saturday? In all the publicity/websites I’ve seen a start time is not listed on Saturday.

It's a good show to take a half a day off from work on Friday. Get there by 1pm and you can see everything. Waiting until Sat morning, is a hit or miss situation.

I forgot what year it was, but they were calling for rain on Saturday and many of the vendors left on Friday night. Like others have said, Saturday is usually their get away day anyway. The farther they have to drive to get home, the earlier they leave on Saturday.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom