• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Perhaps this will make a great basis for a lawsuit that will be argued in front of a hostile 4th circuit now filled with Trump appointees.

I am always very reluctant to interrupt my enemies when they are making a huge mistake in my favor.

HPRB is going to die, not the way they think.

The Snowden case relied heavily on the HPRB's interpretation of G&S and reasonable precaution of apprehended danger. The Scherr case relied heavily on Snowden.
    If the HPRB becomes a ghost of legislation past, I imagine its options from the past no longer carry any weight and any judicial decisions based on it wont either.

But I'm not a lawyer or a caveman.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The Snowden case relied heavily on the HPRB's interpretation of G&S and reasonable precaution of apprehended danger. The Scherr case relied heavily on Snowden.
    If the HPRB becomes a ghost of legislation past, I imagine its options from the past no longer carry any weight and any judicial decisions based on it wont either.

The 2nd amendment is now incorporated, so what matters is what the 4th circuit thinks, or thought, in Woollard.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    HPRB's decisions carry no weight outside of the particular case in review. No precedent is established, everyone starts from zero and hopes for the best.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Snowden and Scherr were ruled on by the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, and thus is deemed precedent. So even if the HPRB goes away, Snowden and Scherr will still be used by MSP, until someone challenges their denial all the way back to the Court of Special Appeals.

It is my understand that a ruling at any other level OAH, Circuit Court, etc., does not set precedent.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Snowden and Scherr were ruled on by the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, and thus is deemed precedent. So even if the HPRB goes away, Snowden and Scherr will still be used by MSP, until someone challenges their denial all the way back to the Court of Special Appeals.

It is my understand that a ruling at any other level OAH, Circuit Court, etc., does not set precedent.

ok, I am confused because I thought MSI opined that Woollard was controlling now.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ok, I am confused because I thought MSI opined that Woollard was controlling now.

Wollard is not controlling, but McDonald is, in that the 2A applies to states. But a case has not been brought before the Special Court of Appeals to reverse their ruling in Snowden and Scherr. And the AG refuses to acknowledge that McDonald is controlling.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Heads up:. A Senate vote on the two amendments offered on the Kill HPRB SB 1000 will take place during tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Senate floor session that starts at 10am—this according to the Official MGA agenda, plus a tweet from the Baltimore Sun’s Gun Hater Blogger, Pamela Wood.

I am posting links to the agenda and bill, while including only a screenshot of the Sun’s MOMs stenographer.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...id=current-senate-agenda&stab=01&tab=subject9

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=SB1000&tab=subject3&ys=2019rs

Attachments

• 561F2AAB-0500-44BE-93D3-AE5FCEBFE253.jpg
      561F2AAB-0500-44BE-93D3-AE5FCEBFE253.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 305

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Heads up:. A Senate vote on the two amendments offered on the Kill HPRB SB 1000 will take place during tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) Senate floor session that starts at 10am—this according to the Official MGA agenda, plus a tweet from the Baltimore Sun’s Gun Hater Blogger, Pamela Wood.

I am posting links to the agenda and bill, while including only a screenshot of the Sun’s MOMs stenographer.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...id=current-senate-agenda&stab=01&tab=subject9

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=SB1000&tab=subject3&ys=2019rs

I have to wonder how many of her 10k+ followers are Russian troll bot accounts... :shrug:

Maybe drop her a tweet to let her know what you think of her tweet and the Sun article included.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Ok, for comparison purposes, here’s the bill:

Attachments

• 1731A6DF-71BE-461E-92D9-88A5B63E8C01.jpg
      1731A6DF-71BE-461E-92D9-88A5B63E8C01.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 277
    • B8D454EF-A221-4D64-B9C4-703C2D64D4EE.jpg
      B8D454EF-A221-4D64-B9C4-703C2D64D4EE.jpg
      82.2 KB · Views: 275
    • B1B4DD92-7EC4-4271-91A0-96B6B15261C2.jpeg
      B1B4DD92-7EC4-4271-91A0-96B6B15261C2.jpeg
      25.6 KB · Views: 276

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow, getting rid of the HPRB is an emergency situation, because they pose an immediate threat to public health and safety.

So that's what's killing 300+ people a year in Baltimorgue? Good thing the MDGA is on top of things; God only knows what would become of us without their benevolent oversight, and their brilliant legal protections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom