• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Has anyone gotten a response to requests for data from Shooter's World or Lovex USA?
    After 6 weeks, 4 emails, and 1 call, I gave up.
    I had used the Lovex powder as Accurate 4064 and liked the consistent velocity over the Winter through Summer temperature spreads we get here in MD. So seeing that Lovex is being supplied as Shooter's World now that Accurate switched to a Belgian supplier, I thought I'd try Shooter's World Precision Rifle and Tactical Rifle. The Shooter's World and Lovex data supplied on line is rather limited and I don't want to take it on faith that nothing has changed. Data for 308, 8x57, and other common ones aren't a problem. However, I asked for clarification and verification that the AA data I had for 300 Savage and 257 Roberts would be safe. Shooter's World has contact info and in press releases and interviews they say to ask for data. Well, they didn't say they don't answer.
    Best I can find is a referral to Quickload. Well, I'm not paying $150 for software to save a few dollars per pound.
    Every other powder and bullet company in the US has sent me data or answered my calls, even if just to say they weren't going to test a newer powder in some older cartridges. That's customer service.
    I took advantage of the sales and rebates and ordered Vihtavuori and Ramshot Big Game. SW has not gained a new customer here.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I've only loaded pistol with their Clean Shot powder. Their load data for rifle is very sparse compared to Western, Alliant, Hodgdon, and VV. If you're not loading for the most common cartridges, you're not even going to see a listing for your cartridge.

Perhaps they went out and bought rifles for 300 Savage and 257 Roberts to work up their data for you and blew up one or the other and have the rifles in the shop? Either way, failing to answer and inquiry is not good customer service!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have zero experience with Shooter's World/Lovex powders. I was close to trying some at one point, and then dismissed the idea.

One thought that comes to mind might be to send a request for info to Midsouth Shooters, and tell them what you're running into. Midsouth distributes Shooter's World powder, and in my experience with them they're also very much customer service oriented. They also clearly have a vested interest as a distributor.

Your experiences here don't sound at all promising. But perhaps having the weight of a distributor behind you might at least get you some answers, so you can at least use the product you purchased with confidence. Good Luck!

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Good suggestion Duke.
    I figure that if the Precision Rifle Powder (Lovex S062) is the same as the old AA4064 then it could be my Milsurp do-all powder instead of Varget, IMR 4064, or the 4895s. It was for me during the Powder Crunch. The questions about hunting rounds were just so I could have a "Jack of all trades, master of some" like I used to use H4895 or 4064.
    Not a deal killer if they don't have data for other cartridges.
    The lack of response is a deal killer.
    Their prices are really good and the Lovex S062/Precision Rifle {formerly sold as AA4064?) is an excellent replacement for Varget.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    K,
    Give me the bullet Cal, make and weight you want to use, cartridge, Cartridge overall length, barrel length, powder, the amount of water your case holds and I may be able to help. I have the latest version of quickload. DM me your email

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Thank you, Seabee!
    Email in your box.
    Western Powder told me that they switched their source of A4064 from Lovex to GD in Canada a decade ago. Based on dates, the powder I liked was made in Canada.
    Accurate ball powders were switched to PB Clermont in Belgium.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    You could cross reference the burn rate charts from Shooters World and Accurate to give you a good idea of what you need.

I've used Shooters World Match Rifle and Tactical Rifle, and I'm very happy with both. Love the price, too.

Clippers69

Mar 7, 2011
    shooters world powders

I have purchased and used Shooter's World powders in rifle for 300 blackout and tactical rifle. When I purchased the powder at the gun store, I asked about any reloading information on the powders and they gave me printed handouts for Shooter's World powders.
    They are available, you just have to either be lucky or find someone who has them. They were printed by the distributor, NorthGeorgiaReloading.com.
    They might have something for you.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen.
    The specific data I was searching for was graciously answered by Seabee and his Quickload run. Thank you Sir.
    I had all the Lovex and Shooter's World data. They do not address much of a variety of cartridges.
    During the O'drought I worked up loads for Spanish pistol powder, Russian shotgun powder, and apparently Canadian rifle powder. The drought is over, no need for all that now.

Oh yeah. Yes, I am purchasig more Shooters World powder. You can't beat the price and Cleanshot and Match Rifle are low residue in autoloaders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom