• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Are there any chimney people on the board? My chimney liner collapsed and I need someone to clear it so that I can restore heat in my house. The furnace repair man gave me a referral who cannot get to it for days and it's getting cold in here!

Any leads would be most welcome.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Might have more eyes on this in the “Water Cooler” also indicate what part of town you’re in.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    While you're waiting on repairs, buy a big buddy propane heater or some oil filled electric heaters to keep the temp up in key rooms. Close the doors to rooms you don't use to keep the cold out of the "heated" rooms.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    While you're waiting on repairs, buy a big buddy propane heater or some oil filled electric heaters to keep the temp up in key rooms. Close the doors to rooms you don't use to keep the cold out of the "heated" rooms.

He could just use space heaters with a fan too, assuming he can sleep with them when they come on. We had to use them the first year we were in this house. They did a decent enough job that we did not freeze to death and no pipes burst.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****High's Chimney service is here in Rockville/Gaithersburg area. They have cleaned and maintained my chimney for some years, and converted a fireplace to gas. They've been around for some time.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    "Baby it's cold inside...":innocent0

Egh..... I'm offended. :sad20: :rolleyes:

Did you get it fixed?

In my experience chimney guys are like stone masons, good luck finding one and then when you do,... good luck getting them to commit to doing the work.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    We had some trouble finding someone able to help us on short notice. Monocacy Chimney Care ended up doing the job, staying very late one evening in order to restore our heat.

This was a huge ordeal. First the Carbon Monoxide could have killed us. Our CO alarm is what alerted us to the problem. I took a couple days for my head to fully clear. Now we have a house full of soot and an extended restoration process underway. It's going to be months before the house is back to normal.

I encourage everyone to get your chimney checks regularly, and keep a Carbon Monoxide alarm in you home.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    We had some trouble finding someone able to help us on short notice. Monocacy Chimney Care ended up doing the job, staying very late one evening in order to restore our heat.

This was a huge ordeal. First the Carbon Monoxide could have killed us. Our CO alarm is what alerted us to the problem. I took a couple days for my head to fully clear. Now we have a house full of soot and an extended restoration process underway. It's going to be months before the house is back to normal.

I encourage everyone to get your chimney checks regularly, and keep a Carbon Monoxide alarm in you home.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom