• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    If I filled out the initial paperwork on 1/10, when can I pick up my new firearm? Tomorrow? Today is a holiday.

TIA

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I thought so too but the status is still "Initial Review Not Disapproved". It shows "Nics date" on 1/13. I'll call and ask my dealer but it would not surprise me if I have to wait until tomorrow.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I would say tomorrow. Today is only the sixth day. If you do the paperwork Tuesday you get it the next Tuesday. You should get an email from MSP the day that you are able to pick up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, today is a holiday.

So according to the old paper 77r, you cannot pick up if the 7th day falls on Sunday or a holiday, you have to wait until the first non-Sunday/Holiday.

But some reports seem to indicate that the electronic system doesn't count holidays even if they come in the middle of the time period.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Also, today is a holiday.

So according to the old paper 77r, you cannot pick up if the 7th day falls on Sunday or a holiday, you have to wait until the first non-Sunday/Holiday.

But some reports seem to indicate that the electronic system doesn't count holidays even if they come in the middle of the time period.

Well the assholes haven't finished it yet so the shop is making me wait another day (at least). So I did not get my new pistol today! I am :mad54::mad54::mad54:

FYI: Today is the 8th day.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I got my "Not Disapproved" last night. But interestingly, the wording in the email looks like they are asking someone to snitch if the dealer released it early, like yesterday for me which would have been legal.

If you have already taken possession of the firearm in question, or you believe you are receiving this email in error, please notify the Maryland State Police Licensing Division immediately at: 401-653-4500.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I got my "Not Disapproved" last night. But interestingly, the wording in the email looks like they are asking someone to snitch if the dealer released it early, like yesterday for me which would have been legal.

The "Congratulations" seems out of place. I doubt anyone in the MD Government is doing a little happy dance when we are approved. YES APPROVED...NOT,,, NOT-DISAPPROVED. :sad20:

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Got it!

Attachments

• sig1.jpg
      sig1.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 238

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads