• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    As the title says, looking for stripper clips for my SKS. Only Need 4 or 5.
    If you have any or know where to get some for a reasonable price, let me know.

Thanks.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    You can usually pick them up at gun shows. There will probably be some at Timonium this weekend.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    You can usually pick them up at gun shows. There will probably be some at Timonium this weekend.

Thanks. I was hoping to just order some or buy them from someone here. I'm in VA. Driving to a gun show in MD and paying the entrance fee doesn't make it worth it for me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They are on Amazon at 50 cents a piece but the shipping is a killer since it's not prime.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I've heard that some are better than others and often you get what you paid for. Anyone know what makes the difference?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I've heard that some are better than others and often you get what you paid for. Anyone know what makes the difference?

Milsurp clips unless trashed are wonderful.
    Most aftermarket companies are Chinesium junk.
    Try Liberty Tree Collectors or buy ammo already on clips.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    As the title says, looking for stripper clips for my SKS. Only Need 4 or 5.
    If you have any or know where to get some for a reasonable price, let me know.

Thanks.

I would pass on the ones from Amazon. They did not work well in my Yugo. The ears were not big enough to stop the clip on the bolt. They were useless. I would go with Ebay or find some surplus ammo already on clips that you can reuse.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have my new SKS from Duffy's, and I too am looking for clips.

My research so far has led to an overwhelming consensus, that cheap clips will NOT work well unless modified. The SKS forum is full of people "trying"cheap clips and complaining about them. There are YouTube videos on "how" to modify them.

Based on what I have seen from all my limited research, is that I want ORIGINAL mil surp clips. Even if more expensive the pain of cheap clips make it worthwhile.

Now the bigger question is, WHERE can I get them without someone taking me for a ride? I am going to try Mopar's suggestion but would like others as well.... ( EDIT - Liberty Tree is sold out)
    Gun shows? There is one in Gettysburg end of month.

Last edited:

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I have my new SKS from Duffy's, and I too am looking for clips.

My research so far has led to an overwhelming consensus, that cheap clips will NOT work well unless modified. The SKS forum is full of people "trying"cheap clips and complaining about them. There are YouTube videos on "how" to modify them.

Based on what I have seen from all my limited research, is that I want ORIGINAL mil surp clips. Even if more expensive the pain of cheap clips make it worthwhile.

Now the bigger question is, WHERE can I get them without someone taking me for a ride? I am going to try Mopar's suggestion but would like others as well....

Gun shows? There is one in Gettysburg end of month.

I can meet you at the AGC. Mine are Chinese/Yugo mixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom