What's the fastest you have sold a gun after purchase? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    It wasn't a gun but I bought a .22 conversion kit direct from Beretta for my model 92. The day I took it to the range I had so many malfunctions with it regardless of the ammo brand, I almost threw it in the trash can at the range. I decided to sent that pos back to Beretta and got a refund.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Mossberg Semi Auto 12 gauge back in the 90's after two range trips. Was shooting clay and hit 100% of the time and got bored. Bought a pump right after selling and found it more challanging to hit the clays :D

RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    Had a POS 1911 RIA. After 2 trips back to ARMSCOR and a total of 11 weeks (only owned it 14 weeks) they replaced it with a new pistol. Sold the new one unfired the very next day and bought a used COLT 1991A1, best 1911 I ever bought. It eats everything I feed it and have never a FTF / FTE.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Benelli SBEII, biggest regret of a gun purchase I made. I hunted with it one season, couldn't hit anything with it. First time I shot it is was like wtf did I just do? Ended up selling it for what I paid for it.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Mossberg Semi Auto 12 gauge back in the 90's after two range trips. Was shooting clay and hit 100% of the time and got bored. Bought a pump right after selling and found it more challanging to hit the clays :D

You should've bought a .410. That makes it a little more challenging. Fun fact: The first 400 straight was shot with 4 pump guns. 3 Mdl. 12's and a 42.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Benelli SBEII, biggest regret of a gun purchase I made. I hunted with it one season, couldn't hit anything with it. First time I shot it is was like wtf did I just do? Ended up selling it for what I paid for it.

I'm not a big hunter but all my friends that do hunt swear by their SBE's.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I bought a late war K98K HT Sniper and posted it on a WWII firearms forum asking about what I had bought. A week later, a guy from that forum drove halfway across the country to give me approx. 45x what I had paid for it. I hadn't planned on selling it when I bought it but the guy had been looking for one of those for 25 years and his offer was more than generous.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I bought a Marlin 336 for $50 and sold it for $50 to a friend of mine's brother. Had it for about 6 months. The reason to selling it.... I was young and stupid.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I'm not a big hunter but all my friends that do hunt swear by their SBE's.

Yeah thats all I had heard from others, this is the waterfowl gun to end all waterfowl guns. Never jam, light recoil..... Well something with the recoil the same as a 416 rigby doesn't equate to light recoil in my world. Especially when you could be going through a box or 2 of shells in a day.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    The quickest one I have ditched, would be the POS S&W Sigma....even after a trigger modification and lighter springs, it sucked...

I have sold several for either not being enjoyable to shoot, me not able to shoot it well, or just simply because I no longer wanted it...

Two Ruger 10/22's
    Glock G17
    Glock G19
    Remington R1 1911
    Ruger LCP
    S&W Bodyguard

I've also gotten rid of a few that I regret doing so...
    Winchester 190
    Springfield Armory XD9
    RIA 9mm 1911
    HiPoint 995TS

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    We have only sold 2.

One was my first pistol, a Colt Government Mark VI Series 70. I sold it to my Dad to buy my Colt God Cup Mark VI Series 70. He still has it.

We sold a Ruger Red Label 20 gauge my wife won from NSCA. We had no need for it, and a friend was into Rugers, so gave us a good offer.

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Sold a Star PD .45 after two trips to the range. Hammer bite made my hand bleed, after 2-3 mags.
    Good little gun, just too small for my meaty hands.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    2 years. Only sold 1 and it was a Browning BPS 10ga that I bought to deer hunt with buckshot in DE. But after shooting 2 deer and only geting 4 pellets in them combined I tried patterning it. It would not pattern buckshot. At 35yds it would only put 10 of the (18) 00 pellets on fully opened newspaper. Bird shot was just fine. I sold it to a goose hunter and bought at Savage 210 slug gun. I bought it because Dad and is buddy had them but after Dad shot my 210 and he had to have one. Now I hunt goose with his BPS 10.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    I have not sell any of my guns yet. But a couple of them I wish to never bought them.
    I guess happened to anyone a least ones.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Bought an AR from Lou just as the price was starting to decline from the High point. Lou, at the time was holding firearms till the ND came back as many FFLs were doing at the time.
    The day i picked up the gun, a friend stopped over and asked if I had anything new. Told him I just put a box on the table. He looked at it and asked how much I paid. I told him i would sell for the same amount I paid, receipt was on the box.. He said OK. I had never even taken it out of the box. Of to MSP for the transfer..

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    S&W produced Walther PPK a few years ago. Sold it within a week and a half of owning it.

Jam-o-matic piece of crap, no matter what I did. I'd still like to get my hands on an interarms or earlier PPK. In .32. Blued.

One day :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom