• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • makijo

May 31, 2013
    Catonsville
    Attached is an email I received from TROP Gun Shop, have any IP's encountered this??

Attachments

• Trop_letter.jpg
      Trop_letter.jpg
      162.1 KB · Views: 575

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Good for them...I refused to do that program as well... I looked into it and when they handed me a BOOK of their own regulations I said no thanks.. Dealers have enough paperwork and regulations to deal with.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Good for them...I refused to do that program as well... I looked into it and when they handed me a BOOK of their own regulations I said no thanks.. Dealers have enough paperwork and regulations to deal with.

Thank you for confirming that Trop knew or should have known in advance what they were getting into.

Note that Glock has caught other dealers & reps receiving guns at the Blue price and selling them as regular retail guns or wholesaling them to other retailers at regular prices. Glock has to protect their interest somehow.

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    Thank you for confirming that Trop knew or should have known in advance what they were getting into.

Note that Glock has caught other dealers & reps receiving guns at the Blue price and selling them as regular retail guns or wholesaling them to other retailers at regular prices. Glock has to protect their interest somehow.

I think all they need is a copy of the id that allowed you the discount. To me, if I have my ID or GSSF coupon, that should be enough.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Not sure that not knowing what they were getting into was the issue... Although people qualify for the program Trop simply refused to allow Glock to inspect the 4473 forms that in NO way will reflect who and who does not qualify for the program...The buyers credentials that should be with the file will satisfy Glock or should have satisfied them.. I have no problem with Trop protecting their customers info..

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Not sure that not knowing what they were getting into was the issue... Although people qualify for the program Trop simply refused to allow Glock to inspect the 4473 forms that in NO way will reflect who and who does not qualify for the program...The buyers credentials that should be with the file will satisfy Glock or should have satisfied them.. I have no problem with Trop protecting their customers info..

Ok, so I have Bill's PD credentials and Glock is just supposed to trust me that I sold all 3 of these Glocks to Bill? Sorry, I see no problem with Glock insisting on seeing both the credentials and the 4473 showing Bill's name, to confirm the sales. Otherwise one could simply say they sold 3 to Bill, here's his credentials, when really Bill only bought one, and the other two were sold at full retail.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom