• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I never gave it much thought beyond paper tuning. I think many people try to tune well beyond their ability. I speak from personal experience when I say that my hoyt ultra-tec is repeatable far beyond my muscle memory.

eddy8888

Jan 28, 2013
    La Plata, Maryland
    Taking it to someone is worth the price if they know what they are doing.
    Danny at Freds in Waldorf, Md. I just got my bowtech back last week. The string from the factory was only 2 years old and starting to fray. So I got new everything. Now the bow is whisper quite and looking good.

Last edited:

proliner

Feb 3, 2013
    Harford
    The string level looks nice, I think the weight of the arrow level would influence the rest. I use the levels to get close, then tune through paper. Final tune is shooting broadhead vs field point. No pro here though. LOL

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    IMHO...and I have tuned a lot of bows...

Levelers, etc are great for getting you close, but there is no substitute for paper tuning. You can bare shaft tune if you want the ultimate in precision. It does take a long time to bare shaft tune a bow, and is worth it if you are shooting competitive target archery. Hunting, not so much. I have done it to some of my hunting bows that were having planing issues with broadheads.

Another thing to make sure of is that you are shooting the correct spine arrow. A paper tune will show this right away, and this can be an expensive fix. Draw weight, draw length, arrow length, tip weight, fletch weight, and cam profile can all affect what spine arrow you should be shooting.

ETA...

If your broadheads and field points will not group together with the same point of aim, your bow is not properly tuned.

Last edited:

LAFD80

Begginers luck!
    Apr 15, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    Who would be regarded as the best tuner in SOMD? I just picked up an Agenda 6 from
    3js but didnt have time to stay and tune! They set me up nice to get shooting but looking to dial it in even further! Any help would be great. I dont think I have the experience to do it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom