What heads do you use for turkey hunting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I was thinking of maybe trying the Bow-Shot but didn't get a real clear answer from DNR so I am looking for suggestions.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Do you mean the Bow Mag? The device that lets you shot 38/357 from an arrow. If that's it, don't see any way for that to be legal for turkey.

Plan on using the same broadhead I will be using for dear. G5 Montec fixed blade. I'm going to give the bow and the crossbow a go at it next month.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Do you mean the Bow Mag? The device that lets you shot 38/357 from an arrow. If that's it, don't see any way for that to be legal for turkey.

Plan on using the same broadhead I will be using for dear. G5 Montec fixed blade. I'm going to give the bow and the crossbow a go at it next month.

No, not the same thing, but from the same company. Thanks. I was thinking that maybe a regular broad-head might be too much, then again it might just be me over thinking.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I'm new to the hunting turkey with a bow, I know some like to use a device that stops the arrow from exiting, can't remember what it's called. Also they have a small kill zone and everything sits a little different than you might think. Just familiarize yourself with the anatomy. Broadhead should work fine, as long as you hit it right.

Attachments

• ta2.jpg
      ta2.jpg
      36.8 KB · Views: 74

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I use G5's for deer and turkeys. We haven't used stoppers in 20 years. These newer broadheads cut a wide path through a bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom