• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That pretty much rules out a few countries.

Gerber has most of their knives made in overseas factories, they are not the great Gerber that once was.

See, I'm getting tired of losing $60+ dollar knives. And Chesapeake Knife and Tool went under, so it's not like there are a ton of places you can fondle them before buying.

Jim

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    After handling the Buck Vantage at bass pro, and watching the multiple nutnfancy vids it may be one of the best bang for the buck knives.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    After handling the Buck Vantage at bass pro, and watching the multiple nutnfancy vids it may be one of the best bang for the buck knives.

:thumbsup: No doubt about it. The quality is great plus they are American made and very affordable. Some Wal Marts are now selling the Buck Vantage, I saw two different ones for sale at the Prince Frederick WM, one was $20 with a plastic handle and the other was $30 with better blade steel and a wood handle.
    Some of the cheapest wave-style blades are like $50-$60 (Cold-Steel AK47 that's made in Taiwan).
    All you have to do is add a plastic zip tie to a Buck Vantage and you have a wave blade for half the price.
    These things are faster than any switchblade!
    And that pocket clip? Just perfect.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    :thumbsup: No doubt about it. The quality is great plus they are American made and very affordable. Some Wal Marts are now selling the Buck Vantage, I saw two different ones for sale at the Prince Frederick WM, one was $20 with a plastic handle and the other was $30 with better blade steel and a wood handle.
    Some of the cheapest wave-style blades are like $50-$60 (Cold-Steel AK47 that's made in Taiwan).
    All you have to do is add a plastic zip tie to a Buck Vantage and you have a wave blade for half the price.
    These things are faster than any switchblade!
    And that pocket clip? Just perfect.

you sound like nutnfancy, I was looking at the pro for high 40s low 50s it has the sv30 steel, g10 handle and bos heat treating

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom