• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    If you live in New jersey and this is a issue you care about I suggest you contact your state representative.

A655: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bil... Contact these 2 reps who have sponsored this bill:

Annette Quijano: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/...

Mila Jasey: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/...

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A1000/655_I1.PDF

4 This bill revises the definition of “large capacity ammunition
    15 magazine” to reduce the number of rounds of ammunition a legal
    16 magazine may hold in this State.
    17 Under current law, it is unlawful to own or possess an
    18 ammunition magazine that is capable of holding more than 15
    19 rounds of ammunition.
    20 This bill would reduce the maximum capacity of a legal
    21 ammunition magazine in New Jersey to five rounds.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    These people can not be serious, or is this some sort of preemptive incase national reciprocity passes? Either way even the most anti person can't possibly think this would mean anything to a criminal.:sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    We have nothing to fear.

Judges rule in favor of the Second Amendment all the time.

Just look at how FSA2103 went for us in court.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Yup. That would be some overreach good for a court challenge. Might as well be low key on this only submitting necessary testimony for the legislative record to stage for the challenge. I'm not aware of any pistols that come with an unmodified five round magazine.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Lol so you would be in violation owning a G43 but acceptable owning a model 10. WHAT???

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This is clearly an attempt to turn other wise law abiding citizens into criminals.

No criminal who is set on using a firearm in a violent felony is going to think twice or download their magazine because of this silly law.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Well the next step if this goes through is to ban all revolvers that hold six rounds.

That will never happen.

In keeping with the Second Amendment, the state will say folks can keep their guns/serialized part, but the cylinders have to go.

Maybe someone can start a company plugging the six hole.

Little MIG/TIG.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    These people can not be serious, or is this some sort of preemptive incase national reciprocity passes? Either way even the most anti person can't possibly think this would mean anything to a criminal.:sad20:

Unfortunately, they are serious. One of the platforms this dickhead ran on was increased gun control. He is trying to make good on his campaign promises.

I don't believe New Jersey has a organized group of gun owners that can fight this on a unified front with the numbers required to defeat this.

I could be wrong. I haven't lived there in 20+ years and although I do belong to a range and shoot when I am visiting, the feeling that I always got from talking to people was that gun owners were just completely outnumbered and the best they could hope for is that things wouldn't get worse.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    It's not a revolver to the NJ gun control crowd. It's a "revolving cylinder compact assault weapon."

Last time I visited Dick Heller he took out the handgun at issue in Heller. It is a 8 round .22 revolver. I have a few pictures of myself holding it. How strange is that revolver became illegal.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Unfortunately, they are serious. One of the platforms this dickhead ran on was increased gun control. He is trying to make good on his campaign promises.

I don't believe New Jersey has a organized group of gun owners that can fight this on a unified front with the numbers required to defeat this.

I could be wrong. I haven't lived there in 20+ years and although I do belong to a range and shoot when I am visiting, the feeling that I always got from talking to people was that gun owners were just completely outnumbered and the best they could hope for is that things wouldn't get worse.

I am not impressed with the organizations out there. Even NY and CA have much more organized opposition to gun control.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Does Krispy Kreme have some particular beef with the Second Amendment that he would actually sign this?

Or some kind of political, in your face, payback directed at the Right?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Currently, do some states limit to 20, 15 and 10 ? I think 7 was tried in NY but was dialed back if on a gun range back to 10.
    Probably the only way to do this, would be to alter 10rd mags. I wouldn't anticipate manufacturers making 5rd magazines, they all balked at seven.

Ten is kind of a magic number that perhaps most gun control folks will let stand. I doubt that Bill will pass.

NJ went from 15 to 10 in year 2014. So by 2022 looks like they'll be finished.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I am not impressed with the organizations out there. Even NY and CA have much more organized opposition to gun control.

There used to be a member here, Ryan something or other, who was from New Jersey and was very active in the 2A fight in New Jersey.

I believe he said something to the effect that the biggest threat to the 2A in New Jersey was New Jersey gun owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom