• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    May 20, 2014: The Ocean City, Maryland, City Council unanimously passed an ordinance banning assisted openers on Monday, May 19, at the request of Police Chief, Ross Buzzuro. We had to double check the spelling -- it seems it should be "Bizarre-O." The "emergency" ordinance banning assisted openers is effective immediately.

http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=269&Itemid=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ocean-city-bans-certain-kind-of-knives-and-laser-pointers-in-time-for-holiday-weekend/2014/05/23/59a9c2e4-e26a-11e3-810f-764fe508b82d_story.html

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Too many drunken red necks mixing it up. It seems to draw the worst scum to the board walk/downtown area.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Just want to revive this because I'm curious f anyone can clarify the 3" max rule for Baltimore city. I'm in the city all the time and I want to make sure a knife I'm looking at is gtg. Also if Baltimore county has anything on the books let me know.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I wish I could find the laws to read and be sure. I wanna order this knife to my house from Amazon and carry it daily but I get overly spooked by our archaic laws.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    Just want to revive this because I'm curious f anyone can clarify the 3" max rule for Baltimore city. I'm in the city all the time and I want to make sure a knife I'm looking at is gtg. Also if Baltimore county has anything on the books let me know.

You asking about an assisted opener or a non-spring-loaded folder? If the latter, technically you're hijacking the thread. Naughty naughty.

With that out of the way, here's the law. All of Baltimore Cities regs about weapons and other crime are under Article 19 of the City Code: http://archive.baltimorecity.gov/portals/0/charter and Codes/code/Art 19 - PoliceOrds.pdf
    The only knife reg in the city is § 59-22, found on page 175 of that PDF. There is no length requirement whatsoever. However, this law makes both switchblades and assisted openers illegal even to own, though this is largely unenforceable unless you actually carry one in public or try to sell them.

Baltimore county has no knife laws, period. See for yourself.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    You asking about an assisted opener or a non-spring-loaded folder? If the latter, technically you're hijacking the thread. Naughty naughty.

With that out of the way, here's the law. All of Baltimore Cities regs about weapons and other crime are under Article 19 of the City Code: http://archive.baltimorecity.gov/portals/0/charter and Codes/code/Art 19 - PoliceOrds.pdf
    The only knife reg in the city is § 59-22, found on page 175 of that PDF. There is no length requirement whatsoever. However, this law makes both switchblades and assisted openers illegal even to own, though this is largely unenforceable unless you actually carry one in public or try to sell them.

Baltimore county has no knife laws, period. See for yourself.

Technically, yes I believe I did just jack the thread :innocent0. With that said, thank you for linking the laws!

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    ... and remember, never carrying for defensive purposes, and the real use of the knife is as a tool (to open boxes, process food, or whatever utilitarian everyday use that you've used it for in the past).

I used this as part of the argument to carry a knife at work. I told my boss that instead of using my knife defensively I would just punch them in the face. It worked and I haven't gotten in trouble over it.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    I used this as part of the argument to carry a knife at work. I told my boss that instead of using my knife defensively I would just punch them in the face. It worked and I haven't gotten in trouble over it.
    The argument or punching someone in the face ? :)

Feb 28, 2013
    DC has the 3-inch limit ... so something to keep in mind if traveling down there ...

http://www.knifeup.com/knife-laws-in-washington-d-c/

... and remember, never carrying for defensive purposes, and the real use of the knife is as a tool (to open boxes, process food, or whatever utilitarian everyday use that you've used it for in the past).

So I reckon that rules out keepin' somethin' in the truck for dogs that wanna look at me like they see lunch?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So I reckon that rules out keepin' somethin' in the truck for dogs that wanna look at me like they see lunch?
    And in that circumstance, in case you need to cut your seat belt to extricate yourself, it's fortunate you had your fixed blade camping knife (for filleting fish, chopping wood, etc) with you. :) That or a small ax.

In restrictive states, one wonders how kitchen knives are legally transported.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That damn 3" blade rule in DC...

I wear my Kershaw Skyline literally everywhere and wouldn't you know the damn thing is juuuust over the limit.

I really wish they'd make one a tad smaller.

Feb 28, 2013
    And in that circumstance, in case you need to cut your seat belt to extricate yourself, it's fortunate you had your fixed blade camping knife (for filleting fish, chopping wood, etc) with you. :) That or a small ax.

In restrictive states, one wonders how kitchen knives are legally transported.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was thinkin' somethin' like this...:innocent0

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/90N/NORSE_HAWK.aspx

Evidently they make them sum'bitches sharp enough to shave with and strong enough to do chinups from the handle.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    That damn 3" blade rule in DC...

I wear my Kershaw Skyline literally everywhere and wouldn't you know the damn thing is juuuust over the limit.

I really wish they'd make one a tad smaller.

Perhaps you need to hone down that point a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom