Apr 4, 2007
    Heads up:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    December 22, 2009
    Release # 10-088 Firms Recall Hotline: (866) 451-1726
    CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
    CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5.11 Tactical® Knives Recalled Due to Laceration Hazard[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Name of Product: Promotional Knife[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Units: About 19,000[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Importer: 5.11 Tactical®, of Modesto, Calif. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Manufacturer: Spanlink International Corp.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Hazard: The knife can fail to lock into its open position, posing a cutting hazard to consumers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Incidents/Injuries: One minor cut was reported by a store employee. :tantrum:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Description: The recalled folding knives, Style No. 51041019, have a black handle with a pocket clip and are approximately five inches in length when closed and seven and three-quarters inches in length when the blade is open.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sold at: The knives were given away as a free promotional item commencing in September 2009 and ending in December 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Manufactured in: China :rolleyes:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Remedy: Consumers should stop using the knives immediately and either return the knives to their local 5.11 Tactical retailer or contact 5.11 Tactical directly to arrange for the return and exchange of the knives for a substitute promotional item at no cost to them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact 5.11 Tactical Customer Service at (866) 451-1726 or visit the firm�s Web site at www.511tactical.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    10088.jpg
    [/FONT]​

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    At first I was like (in my best R Lee Ermey) "Well no $hit"

Then I read the part about it failing to lock open. Yup, that'll do it.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I have this knife. It doesn't lock pen. At first it did. Now it doesn't. That first time I learned it didn't want to lock open anymore was a mildly painful lesson luckily. They certainly are an issue, as the failure is dangerous obviously and very unexpected. It will click open but not lock even though fully extended. Not so silly as ya'll might say at first glance.

The knife was something nice to have around but I'm gonna see what they replace it with. Hopefully a real 5.11 folder. Or even one of their boot knives they are giving away with a boot purchase.

I could re-gift it to that one naughty person on my list....HO HO aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Go here

http://www.knifecenter.com/

They are a MD company out of College Park. I stopped by yesterday to buy my Brother-in-Law a CRKT, not knowing they are an online-only company, but they let me in anyway and hooked me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom