• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Reminds me of the old "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Wow...a lot they could have done better there.

Good on them for getting the spike strips in front and back. From there's that's about it.

That was not a correct "vehicle box" as seen in the video.

It is really hard to break glass with an open ASP baton like in that video. Eventually they closed them and used the end caps. Much better but still sucks. Right tool for the right job is sometimes needed.

Not really sure why they had all those folks standing around and no one in a car in case it took off.

I'm not sure all those window strikes hit the glass either. There's going to be some bondo involved in that repair.

At least they didn't put themselves in front of the car.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Center punch from Harbor Freight. Good use of $8. Also good for getting kids/pets out of hot cars without splaying glass all over.

Sadly, far too expensive for most police department budgets. Teddy bears however............................

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    That's filmed at Daniels restaurant on Route 1 in Elkridge. I recognize the location. Independent biker hang out.

HoCo PoPo definitely blew it. What was that btw...? On the job training for busting out a car window? :lol2: ...hits it like a girl :D

200r2xc.jpg

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Many new vehicles have laminate glass in the front doors now - it's required by 2021 I think. A punch won't work, you need a Glass Master tool. And why wasn't a cruiser ready to pull out on to Rt.1 immediately and give chase? Hell, they had enough time to pry the hood and cut the damn battery cables :lol2:

Pretty pathetic attempt. :tdown:

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Many new vehicles have laminate glass in the front doors now - it's required by 2021 I think. A punch won't work, you need a Glass Master tool. And why wasn't a cruiser ready to pull out on to Rt.1 immediately and give chase? Hell, they had enough time to pry the hood and cut the damn battery cables :lol2:

Pretty pathetic attempt. :tdown:

Or a Stanley FatMax wrecking bar.

51oc9u.jpg

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'm no LEO but that seemed to be a real mess. Not boxed in, can't break a window, and THEN you let a chase start which put others at risk?!?! Then need more training and common sense.

BREAK

Is it not an option to let the air out of the tires in a case like this? Rare for that to make sense I know, but if she is sitting there and you're going to break the window why not do that?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Seems like those last several minutes of window busting fun someone could have kneeled down at each tire, unscrewed the valve cap and then unscrewed the valve stem? LOL

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    I'm no LEO but that seemed to be a real mess. Not boxed in, can't break a window, and THEN you let a chase start which put others at risk?!?! Then need more training and common sense.

BREAK

Is it not an option to let the air out of the tires in a case like this? Rare for that to make sense I know, but if she is sitting there and you're going to break the window why not do that?

Had the glass not been laminated, it would have shattered and been gone pretty quickly, despite the weak strikes (you can see it pop but the film holds it in place.) As others already indicated, the laminate is designed to stop the glass from flying and becoming shrapnel, in the event of a crash. It will pose issues for police and fire/rescue to enter, though fire/rescue will generally have the proper tools to overcome it.

They had spike strips in front and behind the car, you can hear the air escaping as she prepares to drive away.

The certainly could have done a better job in boxing the car in, but they likely just failed to predict that it would go sideways.

HoCo is really missing out. They have an untapped resource for training experts right there at the bar, and here on MDS- who knew? Hurry up folks- they're hiring!

https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments/Police/Careers/Sworn-Careers

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Reminds me of that scene in that terrible sci fi movie Demolition Man. Choose civility.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom