• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    SGM makes 30 round magazines for the 762x39 vepr that dont need a bullet guide. I know the bullet guide makes it a scary no-no gun, but as long ad the 30s were bought out of state and yhere was no guide would that be legal? Or does it cross into the "copy of a banned weapon" field?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As long as they were bought out of state, Fvck MD.

There's no prohibition on possession/personal use of 10+ round mags, just can't buy/sell/offer or manufacture one in the People's Republic.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    I know 30 rounders fpr other platforms are gtg as long ad they are bought out of state, but akm especially in 762x39 seem to have different rules. I could be wrong, its all very vague to me.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I know 30 rounders fpr other platforms are gtg as long ad they are bought out of state, but akm especially in 762x39 seem to have different rules. I could be wrong, its all very vague to me.

In terms of buying a Kalashnikov pattern rifle in x39, yeah there is some leeway on that.

In terms of magazines, it's pretty simple. Buy/sell/manufacture it out of state. Simple as that. :)

Money_B_85

Mar 30, 2017
    922r is very clear. The VEPR is 100% Russian Made. Meaning, the maximum round magazine you can add without needing 922R is a 10 rounder. The moment you add a 30 rounder, you’ve changed the sporter version it was imported as, and would require compliance with 922r. Any modification to base model to comply with 922r would make it illegal in MD.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Money, thats what I thought. That if it was a different caliber I could modify it to make it 922r compliant but since its the 762x39 anything would then make it a "copy of a banned weapon". Welp, just have to use that money for ammo instead!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Money, thats what I thought. That if it was a different caliber I could modify it to make it 922r compliant but since its the 762x39 anything would then make it a "copy of a banned weapon". Welp, just have to use that money for ammo instead!

Or just buy more 10 round mags :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    922r is very clear. The VEPR is 100% Russian Made. Meaning, the maximum round magazine you can add without needing 922R is a 10 rounder. The moment you add a 30 rounder, you’ve changed the sporter version it was imported as, and would require compliance with 922r. Any modification to base model to comply with 922r would make it illegal in MD.

Magic number is no more than 10 foreign made parts. 922r compliance can be achieved w/out converting it from it's sporter configuration. Whether it's worth it to the OP, just to run a larger mag, is up to them.

Magazine counts as 3 US-made parts in and of itself. Trigger from ALG would be another 2 parts, add in a trigger spring from Wolff and you have another US-made part w/out converting it from 'sporter' config. If they have the thumbhole stock variant, makes a US-made stock swap a little more difficult - but if I dug around enough, there's probably a US thumbhole floating around out there somewhere.

Hell, he can also swap out the rear sight to an aftermarket US-made and there's another part to the list w/out altering it from sporter configuration.

It CAN be done. Whether the juice is worth the squeeze, that's up to the OP.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    In a perfect world, I'd just buy the SGM 30's and call it a day and dare someone to check, but knowing my luck I'd be the first person to get 30 years at club fed for a 922r violation.

Sirex