• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagtail

Oct 13, 2010
    Garrett county.Md
    Aye.Not set up to take/send photos. A windy,but warm day in Garrett Co. To Chestnut.not crowded at all.Put 150 rds thru the "74. At 50 yards from a Br-1000'shooting rest. Able to put 30 rds in side a 3" circle.Quite pleased.Recoil very light.
    Afterwards did a good clean! Surprised on the amount of carbon in the muzzle
    brake. Silver Bear 60 gr.A real joy to shoot. A chap further down the line had a AK-47 folder.I shot 10 rds thru his rifle. If I get a '47, it will def: be a fixed stock!

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    good shooting.
    did you have to push the snow off the bench?:D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I got my SLR106 out today, after sitting a year in the safe, even wiht some rough machining and cast parts and a really ugly trigger (that will be replaced) it did well. Wouldnt mind another if they werent so pricey.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I shot 10 rds thru his rifle. If I get a '47, it will def: be a fixed stock!

Go ahead. Tell yourself this. And then you'll stumble over a nice deal on an underfolder. And then you'll think "well, it sucks to shoot, but it's almost like some kind of cool retro design." And then you start to forget about the bad ergonomics. And then Lou will show you how compact the gun gets when folded. And then you think "well, it's not like I can only have one 7.62 AK. I'll get the regular stock later." And then you'll buy it and that will be that.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Go ahead. Tell yourself this. And then you'll stumble over a nice deal on an underfolder. And then you'll think "well, it sucks to shoot, but it's almost like some kind of cool retro design." And then you start to forget about the bad ergonomics. And then Lou will show you how compact the gun gets when folded. And then you think "well, it's not like I can only have one 7.62 AK. I'll get the regular stock later." And then you'll buy it and that will be that.

Or you could get the SLR series with the folding poly stock, big fan of these very comfortable in both positions. Only downer is you cant use optics folded with the side rail, which a good designer and a notch could have fixed.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Or you could get the SLR series with the folding poly stock, big fan of these very comfortable in both positions. Only downer is you cant use optics folded with the side rail, which a good designer and a notch could have fixed.

Go ahead. Pretend that your "vastly improved" plastic fantastic modern stock is the key to everything. Pretend that you don't have some morbid curiosity for an ergonomic nightmare of stamped sheet metal blatantly copied from the MP40.

That's what got me in the end.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Go ahead. Pretend that your "vastly improved" plastic fantastic modern stock is the key to everything. Pretend that you don't have some morbid curiosity for an ergonomic nightmare of stamped sheet metal blatantly copied from the MP40.

That's what got me in the end.

Hey you know my AK collection, everything from dumbholes to druganovs to 56S wood to poly. No underfolder, and I would like one as soon as I come across a good preban Norinco, I just know I wouldnt be shooting it much. Everyone should have one, just as a 2nd AK. Dont want to see anyone drift to the AR crowd due to underfolder ergonomics :)

wagtail

Oct 13, 2010
    Garrett county.Md
    Quebecoiswolf.You are correct about the some day purchase of a folder.Funny thing,I DID
    say to myself ""When she is folded,does carry well." Reminds me of the MP-40.You will be the
    first to know. Question. Should I buy a box of Hornady 5.45x39? Will it be that much different?
    Best to the group.
    Wagtail

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom