• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'd be careful with making that assumption. I don't see it codified in MD law that way.

FSA2013 says:
    "FLASH SUPPRESSOR” MEANS A DEVICE THAT FUNCTIONS, OR IS INTENDED TO FUNCTION, TO PERCEPTIBLY REDUCE OR REDIRECT MUZZLE FLASH FROM THE SHOOTER’S FIELD OF VISION.

There is NO DOUBT that supressors reduce flash signature. Its a night and day difference when shooting in low light. IANAL, but I'd bet money that a folding stock + suppressor would land you in jail *if* they chose to prosecute.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    FSA2013 says:

There is NO DOUBT that supressors reduce flash signature. Its a night and day difference when shooting in low light. IANAL, but I'd bet money that a folding stock + suppressor would land you in jail *if* they chose to prosecute.

That can't be true on MGs and SBRs, right? The only thing I can think of where this applies to SBRs is that MDSP applies both pistol and rifle laws to SBRs. I'm pretty new to the NFA game, so somebody please chime in if I'm wrong here and help me understand.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    That can't be true on MGs and SBRs, right? The only thing I can think of where this applies to SBRs is that MDSP applies both pistol and rifle laws to SBRs. I'm pretty new to the NFA game, so somebody please chime in if I'm wrong here and help me understand.

FSA2013 applies to semiautomatic centerfire firearms. Therefore it affects most SBRs (excepting rimfire). It does not affect MGs.

BusaJ52

Jul 13, 2016
    Cecil
    IMG_20160810_172818_zpsh4aqactl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads