• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Steyr - Don't they make bullpups?

Walther - Damn, that gun is ugly.

Sako - Legendary durability and accuracy. The gun that kept the Soviet bear at-bay. (At least, in Finland)

Uzi/Galil/IMI - All business, no BS.

FIFY::D

I own Steyr and Walther firearms.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    We got this far without a mention of Heckler & Koch? Wow.

H&K - You suck and we hate you.

I thought that was Colt's motto? Somebody's gonna get sued.

Walther - Teutonic reliability and functionality. Made by Germans for Germans to defend Germany.

Yeah, that plan worked out really well...

NARAGermanPOWAmerican-adv.jpg

High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    Walther - Teutonic reliability and functionality. Made by Germans for Germans to defend Germany.

One problem with German guns during WW II is the fact that they were so well made. They were so precise and well built, it took a long time, a lot of man hours to build one. Meanwhile, the Russians were stamping out a much lower quality, but functional, weapon. At that point in history, it was the numbers that mattered, and the Germans didn't get it.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

One problem with German guns during WW II is the fact that they were so well made. They were so precise and well built, it took a long time, a lot of man hours to build one. Meanwhile, the Russians were stamping out a much lower quality, but functional, weapon. At that point in history, it was the numbers that mattered, and the Germans didn't get it.

Russia's Human Wave Doctrine.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Russians had cannon fodder to spare. The Germans had a very limited manpower pool. They could have made millions of extra rifles but who would they give them to?

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Russians had cannon fodder to spare. The Germans had a very limited manpower pool. They could have made millions of extra rifles but who would they give them to?

I was going to type up almost the exact same comment. The Germans never had the numbers to wage that kind of war. They thought that a blitzkrieg style war would work on both the Eastern and Western fronts.

Ultimately, they ended up giving guns to teenaged boys and old men to try to defend the homeland. But that was destined to fail.

JoeR

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I thought that was Colt's motto? Somebody's gonna get sued.

Yeah, that plan worked out really well...

Whether it worked out or not is completely irrelevant to the context of this thread. The point was that Walther is basically the 'Colt' of Germany. When German soldiers and police forces are on-duty, 99.9% of them are usually armed with a Walther of some sort.

But thanks for reminding us of who won WW II. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Jennings - made to be hidden in your dip and be carried with 2 rounds. If carried with a full mag it's destined to malfunction. OR made to double feed and misfire. Made for criminals, dirtbags and gangsters as a throw away gun.

Colt - makes solid reliable firearms, innovates nothing, charges a premium anyway.

Glock - made for combat use, minimalist design. No longer is innovative or cutting edge and manages to stay in business selling the same product in different calibers. Known for their presence in the law enforcemt community.

Wolfshaker

Mar 3, 2009
    Cecil County
    Anybody dealt with Tikka? Was wondering about their rifles, mainly T3/T3x. I mean I know they are owned by Beretta, but didn't know if any of you all have any feedback.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Kel-Tec: Always interesting R&D solutions in search of a problem.

Hi Point: If our handguns didn't look like ghetto cordless drills people might realize they don't suck. Bonus points for our carbine, though.

FN: Great products you can't afford.

IMI: Built like a tank and heavy as one, too.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Taurus - that weird uncle that borrowed a lot of money from your dad when you were a kid, then skipped town. But as you grew older, you realized that the whole reason your dad lent him that much money in the first place is because he knew your uncle would never show up again, and it was worth the cost.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Glock. Gun designed by fantastic engineers that had no passion or soul in the design. The engineer clearly did not like guns. Making this gun was apparently a painfully boring task. it is ugly, not in the way an Apache helicopter is ugly, this gun is truly ugly. It is only cool in that it works.

Sig Sauer. Switzerland and Germany making guns together. Perfectly engineered and documented to remain neutral.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Glock. Gun designed by fantastic engineers that had no passion or soul in the design. The engineer clearly did not like guns. Making this gun was apparently a painfully boring task. it is ugly, not in the way an Apache helicopter is ugly, this gun is truly ugly. It is only cool in that it works.

Sig Sauer. Switzerland and Germany making guns together. Perfectly engineered and documented to remain neutral.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think many firearm manufacturers have borrowed from the Glock look. So I can't say it's ugly. As you pointed out, they usually go BANG when you pull the trigger. So what's wrong with that?

I'll take my Glocks over almost any other handgun dollar for dollar, including my beloved Sigs.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Compared to either a Colt Python or an N Frame S&W, OK, Glock is fugly.

Compared to a Steyr M9A1, Sig P Series, CZ P-07/09, H&K, Walther, etc. Glock is no more/no less ugly than any of them.

Glock is beautiful in its simplicity, reliability and functionality. Those of who appreciate pistol designs that just work think Glock is pretty f'ing hot.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Compared to either a Colt Python or an N Frame S&W, OK, Glock is fugly.

Compared to a Steyr M9A1, Sig P Series, CZ P-07/09, H&K, Walther, etc. Glock is no more/no less ugly than any of them.

Glock is beautiful in its simplicity, reliability and functionality. Those of who appreciate pistol designs that just work think Glock is pretty f'ing hot.

+1

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Kahr - A Redskins-like tradition of disliking the owner and all he stands for, but loving the team.

Bersa - That 9th round draft pick that ends up starting at LT for 11 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom